Monday, June 18, 2007

Feng Shui Hint

That overdue grout job my apartment complex was supposed have completed could no longer be ignored thanks to a few of the tiles buckling and falling in the middle of my shower. This was hard to not to notice. An emergency call to fix it had to be made today.

When I did call, there was some twitty girl on the phone and the conversation went like this:

AGOL: Hello. This is Sarah Sprinkles from Apartment 666 (just kidding!) and I want to schedule for someone to come in tomorrow and fix the tile that has fallen from my shower walls.
Twitty Girl: We can't guarantee someone to come. It is on a first come, first served basis.
AGOL: I don't think you heard me. Tiles from my bathroom shower have fallen. There is now a moisture problem. I need to know if someone can come because I will have to take the day off to be there.
Twitty Girl: Is there a number that we may reach you?
AGOL: Yes, 1-800-UR-Dumb

I called around 4pm to confirm that the maintenance ticket had been entered. This time a nice man answered the phone and confirmed that he had entered the ticket himself. Hmpf!

In my freakishness, I decided to think about what the universe was telling me by way of this event. You will always have to deal with dumbasses? Nope. You shoulda had the smackdown with the complex for missing your grouting your appointment? Nah. Okay...something more useful then. Feng Shui.

My bathroom falls in the Fame section of my bagua. Believe me, I have enough feng shui cures to not let my reputation go to the toilet. The tiles falling seemed to coincide with my creating a new account with youtube for Project AGOL. Perhaps my fame is breaking through? I'd like to think so.

It's not that I want to be famous. I just have some ideas for shows that I think would be a lot of fun to do. Yes, the successful salary it would bring would be nice, too. With these shows, I would have the opportunity to meet really interesting people and share some of their stories. I would rather celebrate the common folk because their stories are real and not some distorted view of reality. I am not particularly impressed by the likes of Britney, Paris or Lindsay. Their stories are on an endless replay loop. Yawn.

Work was busy for me as the buyer for today. Bridget's son was sick at daycare and had to leave early to pick him up. Tawny was chained to more conference calls. (I wonder if she is starting to suffer from cauliflower ear. Don't ask.) Went to the airport to mail some stuff across the pond and I didn't have to wait in line! Back at work to find Tawny's call paused for lunch. I happily sat down and ate my lunch with her and some of the gals.

Spent the evening working on more ideas for Project AGOL. It is amazing what you can do yourself with a few simple tools. Technology rocks!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: