Thursday, June 07, 2007

Coming Attractions

Clever moments at work today made my boss happy. Nothing like coming up with workarounds to avoid unpleasantness with other people. That or any delays. I am not a financial person, but it would seem my creativity flow is spurning my problem-solving skills into action within our little procurement world. Go figure.

Possum (aka Dianne) met Jeff and me for lunch today. Tawny had a half-day conference call so she had to bow out to make it Table for Three. The conversation soon became a meeting of the minds, if you will. I loved it and the conversation reminded me how much my friends are so incredibly talented and own complimentary skill sets.

I made my TV aspirations official by outlining one of my ideas to Possum and Jeff. They were receptive and offered so much of themselves. Possum has been a stand-up comedienne in the past as well as been a producer for advertisement. I can have her direct me and help me with facial expressions and avoid pitfalls in my presentations. She has also coached non-actors how to act in front of the camera and I am very much looking forward to her suggestions.

Possum reminded me of my one audition five years ago to be a host on HSN which was a coup for us when no one outside her former company was being allowed to come in and try out. I didn't get the job, but I had an audition moment in front of the camera.

Jeff, ever the crackbaby with many skills, is willing to film me and edit my program. Here are his ideas which I made him iterate in an IM to me when we got back:

Oh pretty basic - 2 cameras, one set up as a wideshot to edit back too - then what would be a close up or "Iso" camera that can shoot the hands - sometimes in the mirror - and facials ... You can use a switcher and try and mix on the fly - harder - more takes - or shoot 2 camera independent and edit after. The mirror is tilted above the work area at an angle so you get a crane effect and can see the cooking from above without having to be hanging over it ... this way you can zoom into a frying pan as ingredients go in etc. (He rocks.)

Jeff and Dianne talked about their own media aspirations which I won't outline in detail but involves movie scripts and magazines. Those are just a smidgen of what these two could do. They awe me as do my other friends. I feel uplifted in knowing that I can get some trustful help and advice while I am trying to practice and perfect my ideas...

IM'ed with Yummy briefly late in the afternoon. He was gathering his stuff for dragon hunting tomorrow. It is supposed to be hot, but I reminded him that hot was 90+ degrees Fahrenheit with humidity. Just love that Florida weather!

Called in my food order to my aunt on the way home. My request consisted of a specially cooked eggplant, Filipino-style and some lumpia. My aunt cooks Filipino food as a side business and I know she always has lumpia stashed in her freezer. This will be my dinner bribe for Nan-sitting on Saturday while my aunt and uncle go out for dinner and a show.

Had my curry leftover for dinner. I was able to relive the flavors -- simply delicious! I spent my evening daydreaming, talking to Angie on her way home, writing in my blog before indulging in more daydreaming before bed.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

All Blog Spots said...

nice blog

Kathy B said...

Had a great time at dinner - keep up the good work with the sewing!