Friday, June 22, 2007

Montezuma 2012

Yummy shocked me this morning by posting my Self-Portrait youtube entry on his blog. Like I told him in an e-mail, there is a difference between quietly putting it out there and sending fireworks to see it. Good thing I love fireworks.

After working through my initial panic, I collected myself and realized that it is all good. I thanked Yummy properly. What will happen when I start populating the site with video clips with me talking live in it? That is the whole will point, to be seen and considered for proper things.

Had a rousing lunch with T&J and John from work and Jill (formerly of work) at Macaroni Grill. I thought the car ride was going to kill me with laughter. Wits were being sharpened to rapier points on each other. Once we arrived, our waiter took forever in serving us and getting us our bill. It's not like we are executives who can get away with having two-hour lunches. On the bright side, it gave John and I time to decide whether the waiter belonged to his family. It was difficult to discern whether he flew a rainbow flag or not.

When the bill finally came and we left, Jeff had to stop and get some fuel for the car. AND THEN...we got stuck in line off our highway exit. Yup, two-hour lunch. The car ride back was pure comedy. I laughed so hard I couldn't see.

Tawny bribed me by offering to accompany me to babyshower shopping after our walk tomorrow morning so I could go to the second to last showing of 2012 (Montezuma's Last Prophecy) tonight. It is another play by the artists at the Cigar Factory. It had the following elements: virgin sacrifices, aliens and a giant tequila worm eating everything at the end. Our other friends met us there and we all enjoyed that tequila worm. For a low-budget production, it was entertaining with its bizarre story line and the drumming music that accompanied the play.

Virgin sacrifices being carted in.


Montezuma killing and eventually disembowling one virgin sacrifice.


Mayan calendar lifts to reveal an alien.


One giant tequila worm devours all the inhabitants at the end.


Bummed a ride home with Kathy and Jaime. I couldn't wait to get home for a shower and a mug of warm milk to help me sleep. Have to get up at 4:30am which right now will be in three hours. Caffeine might have to be fed me intravenously. It's going to be busy Saturday.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: