Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sunday Scorcher

Started my day skyping with Yummy. He's still not feeling like himself thanks to a stomach bug he caught last week, but he was well enough today to run around later with some visitors by the sea. Yesterday he spent much of it at home on the sofa. He's not much of a couch potato; he'd rather be productive like concentrating on his writing.

On the other hand, I proved to be a couch potato this morning thanks to my sleep deprivation of the past few days. Snoozed most of the morning before I decided to get my carcass up off the sofa. Had some cold pizza for lunch before zooming to my nail tech.

It is so hot (mid 90s) outside that I almost scorched my fingers on my steering wheel. It was barely maneuverable. Yikes! I searched around to see if there was a more shady spot I could start parking on the weekends since my car is parked under garage cover during work hours. The air conditioning couldn't cool the car fast enough.

For the first time in a long time, I had to wait over 30 minutes at the salon. I usually just stroll in and get waited on right away. Boy, am I spoiled! My nail tech replaced the Vietnamese magazine I was reading with some American entertainment junk while I waited. Those people in between the glossy pages are so boring! Rehab, divorces and bad fashion choices have been made newsworthy. Puhleeze.

My favorite bookstore was crowded this afternoon. Not sure how much of it was a direct result of Father's Day. This one has self-service kiosks that allow you to search for your own books. Out of seven searches, I had one available in the store. I count myself somewhat victorious.

Spent the rest of the day catching up on reading. I forget how much I love reading until I force myself to sit and do it. Reading at work during lunch is just impossible unless I remove myself from the break room. Not reading anything others might find interesting, just informational pages relating to Project AGOL. Yummy always reads cool stuff and seems on the pulse of cool reading. He's writer and so he should. Now if I can get him to write a more detailed review about each one...

Called my dad in the evening to wish him a Happy Father's Day. He has not received my musical card yet even though I sent the friggin' thing on Tuesday. Argh. Dad said that they have a substitute mail carrier at the moment. Let's hope he gets it tomorrow if not next week.

Project AGOL Update: Created a new account on youtube.com in preparation for future video uploads. I am going to experiment first with uploads from my cellphone and my digital camera. This oughtta provide some laughs while I get my act together.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: