Saturday, June 09, 2007

10,000 Steps

My eyes were closed, but I wasn't quite asleep when I received a text from Yummy at 4:30am apologizing for not calling or texting me last night. There was zero phone reception where they stopped for the evening. I figured as much, but I was thankful to know he was okay, having fun and already on their next leg of the trip.

I ran errands around 11am by picking up a prescription first and stopping to get Father's Day cards for next weekend for my dad and uncle. A new camera bag made it into my cart for the "previously loved" higher-end digital camera Kathy gave me the other day.

She received a new one for her birthday and passed along the old one. It is the version before my cousin's I used on my UK trip. I didn't realize I needed a full digital camera until the last two months. The lighting on my cameraphone is not always optimum. I also bought a new card reader that reads different sizes. Geekdom strikes again.

My purchase of the day was my Walking FM Radio Pedometer. It is an incentive to count my steps for the recommended goal of 10,000 steps a day or 70,000 total for the week. My sedentary lifestyle is not coinciding with my (almost) sugar-free lifestyle. Now you know two of my sub-projects for Project AGOL: creating a walking habit and living (almost) sugar-free.

Yummy texted me again when I got out of the store. They had walked 28 miles between yesterday and today. (I'd like to see his pedometer if he had one.) He was still alive, but his legs were starting to feel it. I know he was happy and proud of doing it. They still have tomorrow to finish up the walk if they haven't killed each other by then or get turned into barbeque by a sneaky dragon...At least the dragon could say he was yummy. Ha!

Nan-sitting was a breeze tonight. I arrived at 5pm to be with her while my aunt and uncle went out with friends. She seemed about 20% stronger than last month. My favorite Q-tip was less anxious about things and was a total dear.

We watch a little gospel entertainment she loves on the telly before I served us our dinner and watched some more until she was ready to go to bed. Hundreds of channels and I couldn't find anything interesting enough to watch after she turned in. Cable is wasted on me and is not conducive as part of Project AGOL which makes me a proud non-subscriber.

Here is a picture of my Uncle Dave and Aunt Maria before their double-date tonight.


My aunt and uncle enjoyed their evening out, but got home later around 11:45pm. I called Angie in California to talk to me on my way home. It worried her that I was on autopilot. At that time in the evening, I don't pay attention to my driving because I am listening and responding to her in my tired state. I do better that way than driving by myself while concentrating. Focusing creates a situation akin to being hypnotized by a pendulum.

Got home okay to my parole dog who was waiting patiently to do his whizness outside and to order me around play-with-me ways. Yes, master.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: