Sunday, June 24, 2007

Old School Sunday

Snoozed a better part of the morning after hanging up from an early skype call with Yummy. He is a very intelligent creature, but he's so darned goofy sometimes. He makes me giggle. Gotta dig a guy who does that. I just couldn't keep my eyes open after 8am especially without any caffeine intake. Meant to do some grocery shopping, but thought better of it after walking Cabal in the heat later in the afternoon. Even he couldn't wait to get in the shade!

What I did enjoy was listening to some CDs like new trashy chick Amy Winehouse, old standby Lisa Stansfield and some French compilations. I remember the hours I spent during my teenage years listening to albums on the turntable or the 45s and having to insert the plastic yellow spider thingy to make it fit the spindle.

In the Philippines, we would spend some weekend afternoons reading the "Song Hits" which contained lyrics and accompanying guitar notes. After practicing, we would then use my mother's Panasonic tape deck and record us singing a capella or with guitar to songs by Olivia Newton John, Anne Murray and Billy Joel just to name a few. I still regret not taking guitar lessons. I would have to give up my acrylic nails at first until I developed skills like Dolly Parton. Have you seen this woman's nails?! Not doing that anytime soon.

One of my most favorite things in the world is a jukebox. I'd love to have one. It doesn't have to be Wurlitzer. Do people under 35 know what one is? Okay, under 30? Let me know what the survey says...The rush I felt every time I inserted coins and heard each one fall and make a clink to the bottom of the change box is incomparable. Flipping through the music selections was great fun, too. Those were the days.

Still have some new movies to watch on my DVD player, but left those on the shelf for some old school entertainment. Something called reading. Ha! I need to find some time to brainstorm and write for Project AGOL. Need to kick that party into gear. Meanwhile, I am groovin' to some tunes.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: