Thursday, May 31, 2007

Fierce Shoes and Tarsiers

My excitement at work soon dimmed when I found out Bridget was home sick. It was my off day for buying, but an AGOL must adapt to unexpected events. I wouldn't have time for follow-ups; I would be too busy.

The group that would test my patience today was Accounts Payable. I especially loved the list of purchase orders I was requested to make code changes on throughout the day. Forwarded my boss an e-mail later asking him if these e-mails were love notes or flame mail from A/P. I realized belatedly that he had left for the day so I would not get a reply.

I heard crickets during lunch. My lunch buddies were nowhere to be found. It was a rare moment that I was able to read a magazine during lunch. Mental bubblegum. A vibrant Michelle with her equally vibrant punky hair came in towards the end. She always wears the most interesting shoes. Other than style, she wears them for added height to her petite frame.

Can you dig Michelle's shoes? Do not tick this woman off!


I forgot to note that I had received an update on my office friend Lisa who made the Thai Peanut Chicken dish two nights ago. Not only was it delicious, but her husband complimented her multiple times on how it was the best meal she has cooked in a long time! He comes from a family of chefs so my guess is his palate was awakened with the complex flavors. My tips helped and Lisa was very happy.

Yesterday, I was quizzed on the mascara I have been recommending. My friend Nikki is off to Sephora to get the same kind. And today, I was asked about another thing. I don't now how I end up as the go-to girl for things. Maybe I appear smarter and more reliable? AGOL Reports, Your Up-to-the-Minute Goddess Guide to Everyday Items. It could happen.

On PBS tonight was a show about a special primate that lives in the Philippines called the tarsier. It is a nocturnal mammal with large, round glistening eyes and the species has been around for 45 million years. The tarsiers used to be captured for pets and are now protected by the government under the Philippine Tarsier Foundation. They are peculiarly cute animals. Of course, seeing the Philippines on film always warms me.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

garden sculptures said...

Good one! That is one strange pair of shoes.