Saturday, May 12, 2007

Tsunami, Mommy!

It's been a full week of being home from England and I am still out of sorts. I spent the day just hanging around the apartment before I needed to get ready and leave to take my aunt out for Mother's Day which is actually tomorrow. My aunt has been my second mother since mine died when I was 11 years old. I honor my aunt as much as I can.

Before I left my apartment, I was able to talk to Yummy who had been recording his dragon explorations with Anton. He sounded very pleased with their adventures and the amount and quality of their recording. Listening to the whole thing again and editing the material are the next steps on this project. It will be great to hear what the final outcome will be.

Don't recall if I mentioned it, but I was able to get some sun while I was in England. There was only one rainy day during my two weeks there. I know how incredibly lucky I was to have such great weather...My island skin soaked up some rays and here's a before and after for proof. Yes, I am a little alarmed because my geisha look has been compromised. Everyone has been complimentary though on my rare change of coloring.


Before England...................................After England

My Aunt Maria wasn't ready yet when I walked in their home; she was just finishing putting dinner on the table for Nan. It was just minutes more before she had transformed herself into diva attire. Sexy mama at 63! She was tickled pink at being treated and when she found out we were having Japanese, she was more pleased.

We arrived at a new place in Brandon called Tsunami which has sushi and hibachi fare. We opted for veggie and shrimp tempura for starters and one California roll to share. Our dinner came with miso soup and mine with side salad, too. The dinners were served too soon so mine was cold by the time I got to it. I had the Hibachi steak stir-fry and my aunt had some Korean noodle dish. This place had some Korean selections, too.

We took home most of our main courses so we could share a dessert which was a frozen lemony mousse thing with two different kinds of berry sauces decorating the plate. Hot green tea and water with lemon were our beverages of choice. Believe me, the last thing these two giggle boxes need is alcohol to spice things up!

My England pics were not ready at Costco to be picked up so I brought the digital camera to show my aunt my trip during our dinner. I had missed her and I was glad to be able to share a meal with just her. She certainly appreciated the time away from my uncle, Nan and the house in general and told me as much. Sometimes it does takes it toll. All that was expected of her was to enjoy herself. No cooking or cleaning up which were big selling points in her book.

Two and half hours later, I took her home and amazingly I wasn't too tired to drive back home. Jet lag has been taking its revenge on me by making me want to sleep all the time. I was only too happy to comply when I got home.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: