Thursday, May 10, 2007

From Home

I wish this jet lag would go away. My boss mentioned how tired I looked yesterday. How lovely. I'm surprised I made it to the post office to mail little thank you's to Yummy and Anton and Anna.

There was a long line at the post office. I tried to buy some regular and international stamps, but I refrained when the postman reminded me that the cost was going up Monday and he didn't have any of the proper domestic Love stamps nor the international ones yet. Grrr.

Random fire inspections were being conducted today in my complex. I had to work from home in case my place was chosen. I couldn't leave Cabal by himself; he might get really spooked and decided to defend his territory. Nice doggie.

Tried killing two birds with one stone by having the office schedule a maintenance person to come and regrout my shower. It is my third term lease here and they owe it to me. The previous workmanship leaves a lot to be desired.

The jury is still out on working from home. It wasn't really feasible for me today. The files I needed were at work and it was too much of a hassle to haul them home. I worked the best that I could.

Around 4:30pm, I threw the towel in on getting the shower redone. I called the office and told them not to come at all if they were somehow on their way. The manager answered and she was surprised at the situation. I called yesterday to schedule and I even confirmed this morning just to make sure and still a no show! She wanted to reschedule, but I told her that it wasn't that easy because I have a dog that has to be chaperoned while work was being completed...Blah blah blah.

I had a movie date with my friend Dianne and her husband Steve that cheered me. The screening for the movie Waitress was tonight. I haven't seen them both in a long time. Dianne would also have the digestive biscuits she requested from me along with some chocolate bars. The movie was entertaining and the actress, Kerry Russell, finally redeemed herself in my eyes. Her recent acting credits were not good at all. Steve treated us to a Mexican dinner afterwards so we could catch up.

Headed home for sleep that has been teasing me. This has got to stop. Whatever happened to my signature four hours? Probably catching some Z's.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: