Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Raise Some 'Cane

It is Hurricane Preparedness Week according to NOAA. June 1st is the designated start of hurricane season and thanks to La Niña, we’re in for quite the weather mambo. Personally, I'd rather drink a hurricane, but that's not part of preparedness...officially. Get ready to hang on to your coconuts!

The work front has been very quiet, almost eerily quiet. Not sure what kind of juggling around will be happening especially on the IT side which affects Tawny and Jeff. Crossing my fingers for sane decisions by peeps on the high end of the food chain but then again the air is rarefied on their elevation and messes with reason. Sigh.

A bright moment was seeing Yummy's proud blog entry for his mom’s website which I have added a link on my AGOL Fascinations: iadmire: Margaret Hamlin. He is such a good son! As for his mom, she’s extremely talented. See for yourself. She paints from photos but mostly from memory on her landscape series. What a fertile and color-filled imagination. She totally rocks.

Another bright moment was that I have managed to wean myself from coffee, the big bastion on the list of things that is bad for me. Those of you who know me know I like it drowned in high-calorie sugar and fattening creamer….several times a day in a 14-oz. cup.

Lately it has been 9 oz. of hot tea with two packets of Splenda and a light hand when shaking the dry creamer into it. My clothes and waistline have been rewarding me, too. Getting back to feeling groovylicious!


Dunno Why I Like It
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: