Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tackling Tuesday

Today was all about trying to get stuff done. If only other people would cooperate. Sometimes that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Tawny and I were held hostage by a three-hour conference call from 2pm to 5pm. I caved and answered my bladder's call halfway, but refrained from making a detour to get more hot tea. Good thing I had water to wash down my diet snack bar. Taunted Tawny via IM during most of the call. Please don't feel sorry for her. She gives as good as she gets.

Gave her a ride home this evening before I drove merrily home, too. Cabal wasn't at his usual post. I often catch him watching me come around the building through the vertical blinds like a warden waiting for its charge. Having me home for three days in a row played with his schedule.

I reheated some more Chinese food while I prepared his dinner. He still finishes before I do. Pretty Boy Dog, there is no one else here. It is all yours! He doesn't remember that bit. All he remembers is that he hasn't eaten in 12 hours.

Heart pictures or items are part of my decor/theme. It's not saturated in every corner or anything, but one does notice. Tawny and Jeff visited IKEA in Hotlanta a few months ago and picked this up for me. Silicone heart-shaped ice tray! Isn't it just sweet?

You can put cranberry, orange, grape or watermelon juice in it if you want. I decided to jazz up my diet Dr. Pepper tonight with cool cubes. Yes, the excitement factor has been slow on my side of Trampa.



I thought about my office friend Lisa tonight and wondered how her Thai peanut chicken dinner came out. She visited my desk today and said she thought about me in the Asian section of the grocery store. Lisa picked up a Thai peanut sauce mix that had a recipe in the back and bought the ingredients.

We discussed her plans and I gave her a few tips to ensure her dinner would be a success. She admits she is not a cook, but she gives it her best. By allowing herself to explore other ethnic dishes, she expands her family's menu.

Having lunch with Possum (aka Dianne) tomorrow. Poor thing was layed off from her job. Luckily, she received a nice package and her husband has a job while she finds another one. She is such a positive force that I don't fear her looking for a job long.

What she doesn't know (unless she reads this) is that Tawny and Jeff are crashing the lunch date. They miss her terribly and haven't seen her since my Christmas party in mid-December. It is sure to be a great time!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: