Monday, May 28, 2007

Groovin' Along

The past two days have been a nice breeze.

I talked to Yummy early yesterday morning my time before his second day of art seeing with a good friend. Five loads of laundry made it through after. I think I separate too many things, but I am too prissy not to.

In the afternoon, I got my nails done before I picked up Chinese food from my favorite takeout place. Had a snack of it before I talked to Yummy again and hear about his art adventures. It's been rainy there. I thought it was great excuse to get out.

Ironically, I do not remember Memorial Day if it weren't on our calendar of work holidays. Yummy was off today as a bank holiday, too. The UK has one every time I turn around. It is just unfair!

My aunt called me to confirm and extend my Nan-sitting time coming up. She and my uncle are going on a double-date with old neighbors who have become good friends. How could I say no to them having dinner before the show at the Performing Arts Center? Of course, they could go. Nan and I will just have to find ways to occupy ourselves.

I called maintenance today to take care of a drip inside my refrigerator which they promptly addressed. Took Cabal out after and almost had a disaster with someone's loose dumb puppy. It was sleek black and cute, but not when it is scampering towards me and Cujo.

Cabal was remarkably calm while I protected his body with my legs and covered his face with my hands. I yelled at the owner to get his dog in a leash. His reply was that his dog was nice. Well, buttwipe, mine isn't! Grrr.

My DVD player doesn't seem to be working even after my pseudo fixes so I will have to get a new one soon. No movies for Sarah at all this weekend. Without the movies, I opened my brand new sewing machine. I am determined to sew something fun soon; I searched my personal archives for projects.

Talked to Yummy again and heard how his friends liked my thank you gifts for them. He sounded like he had a good time, but was fizzling fast during our conversation. I don't think he was feeling well. Not sure if he was just feeling blue. I wrote him a note to read in the morning, hoping to bring sunshine to him. Spent the rest of the evening watching the boob tube.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: