Saturday, May 26, 2007

A Good Start

The de-cluttering of my art room received a good start today. Taking some of it out changed the energy by letting it have breathing room. I felt relieved!

I became easily distracted by other chores when I got back from a quick car ride around town. Rushing is not in my energy field this weekend. I have three days to sort it all out. Sometimes it is a matter of setting accomplishable mini goals for yourself that do not require a sense of immediacy. It makes you feel more in control by tackling things in smaller bites. Yup, I am nibbling.

Readied for my outing tonight by a few hours so I would have time to talk to Yummy properly. He missed me this morning and I was trying to catch up with him. He was having a long dinner at a friend's house and didn't get online until much later. It was a quick chat and it was my turn to go out with friends.

Tawny and Jeff picked me up a little after 6pm to make our way for a meet-up at the art studio in Ybor. I was able to see the new pottery wheel they and their friend Rosemary from the art studio just invested in. It was near-new and half the price which makes their acquisition of tools for their ultimate project much easier on the pockets. Their new glass saw was on display, too.

Kathy is out of town having a girly weekend with her sister so her boyfriend Jamie met us there and we walked to the pizza bar up a couple of blocks. A former co-worker whom I haven't seen in five years came with his wife to the bar. She remembers me from organizing an outing for our IT Department at the Florida Aquarium. I almost forgot about that! About four dozen of us consisting of employees, spouses and kids showed up for a fun outing with an elegant buffet lunch and treat bags from the aquarium giftshop for the kids. That was ages ago...

T&J's friend Rosemary and her husband met us for pizza and beer. They conveniently live in a condo in the city; it was very easy for them to walk over. Rosemary's husband Andrew is English. She met him in New York and then they lived in England for 20 years before coming back to America. They visit every year, sometimes multiple times. We had a great chat about my own findings during my UK trip.

The one question that puzzled me came from Andrew. He asked me if I thought the British were upbeat. Upbeat? He said that even 10 years ago he recalls people's attitudes were a bit miserable unlike the US where we will try anything and give it our best shot. I didn't encounter any misery and people seemed genuinely nice. My personal connections with the Brits in restaurants and shops were favorable. Have to ask Yummy about that upbeat thing.

A band from the studio was supposed to play but they took too long to set up. We gave up on them and visited a metaphysical store across the pizza joint where things were on sale. I came out with a set of runes at a great price. I tried to avoid buying it, but it was apparently meant to be.

Our menagerie walked back to the studio where the uninitiated received a complete tour of the old cigar factory by Jeff. I hung out with Tawny and Rosemary in the studio. The tour group came back and we dispersed our separate ways. It was a little after midnight by the time T&J dropped me off.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Kathy B said...

Glad you all had FUN... wish I could have been there. I hope you caught up on torturing RMB. Had a good time up in the country though.... git -r-done!

helloagol said...

We missed you! Didn't get to torture RMB too much - he was on his good behavior for the most part. HA!

Glad you had a great time with your sis. Indian food on Wednesday, right?