Friday, May 25, 2007

Name That Tune

While the boss is away, the girls...are not at play. Bridget had built up exhaustion from roller derby practice during the weeknights and I was quietly restless. I was the buyer for today so I had an activity while she spent the day finding ways to combat yawning in between paperwork and fending off an unwanted office admirer.

During the day, Tawny and I tortured each other with vintage TV themes and shows. That is never pretty because it forces you to admit some things from your childhood. You might need therapy.

We sang this song in 6th grade chorus...We were rockin!

For Tawny...Sorry about your childhood. Ha!

Hooked On This Tune...for TWO DAYS now and singing in the corridors with Tawny. Ugh.

I have the complete Season One on DVD. Might even go home and use aluminum foil for bracelets.

My gals sang this song with me in the lunchroom the other day. It jes ain't Ahmehrkn if ya down't know this sawng.

Sometime in the afternoon, people in the building began to leave for the long weekend. I sent Bridget home at 4pm so she could get to sleep much sooner. It was quiet by 4:30pm. Crickets were making themselves heard!

Tawny asked me for a ride home which gave me a better excuse to cut out a little after 5pm. We stopped for some light grocery shopping. I couldn't go home without more food and treats for my Pretty Boy Dog. Dropped Tawny off right after and confirmed pick-up time for pizza in Ybor with old friends tomorrow night.

Simplicity in what you eat can be very rewarding. I cut up the last pear I had along with some white cheddar and included several circles of Carr's crackers. Dinner was fabulous in five minutes and I didn't have to cook a thing.

I thought about putting one of the discount DVDs I just bought like Down with Love, the classic White Palace and a new one from the creator of Bend It Like Beckam called The Mistress of Spices. No epics. Not in the mood for soaring storylines or special effects. My attention span just wasn't up to any of it I guess so I am going to sleep early.

....crickets.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: