Sunday, May 06, 2007

You Will Be Re-assimilated

If this day just would stop feeling surreal, that would help me in my re-assimilation back to Trampa time and Trampa things. I barely remember details just relevant things like talking to Yummy in the early morning and late afternoon. He's been up to his elbows in paint. His pet project has been painting a selection of walls in his home. I think he has another coat to apply tomorrow...

I couldn't wait to get the length of my nails to get cut in half! Typing was becoming a chore. I felt happier going from a French manicure to a more lively Italian Red.

Armed with newly manicured nails, Brighton-themed tourist mementos and Cadbury and Galaxy chocolate ingots, I drove to my aunt and uncle's home. They had missed me and had been worried for me traveling by myself to England and to visit, in their eyes, a stranger.

Through my pictures, I was able to show them how much fun I had exploring Yummy's section of England. They also saw him as a real person in candid shots scattered through the over 375+ pics I took. The English culture and terrain were very different and I wanted to capture as much as I could.

My aunt was preparing food and didn't get to see all of the photos. Surprisingly, my cousin Ida was dropped off by her husband so she could spend some time with us and to have my aunt alter a dress for her.

During my UK trip, my aunt had a special sit down bathtub installed in the second bathroom so Nan could have a private bath when she felt like it. It was a pretty penny but impressive with the jets installed where your back would be and your legs which will be great for Nan! Three of us were inspecting it and oohing and aahing over it.

Standing to my left was my aunt and standing to my right was my cousin Ida and we were facing the big mirror for some reason after our admiration of the new bathtub. Ida pulls up her shirt to adjust her bra. I get mischievous and pull up my shirt to flash them, but not to be outdone was my aunt who pulled her shirt up and flashed the rest of us! Oh my God -- what a bunch of cuckoos! We laughed so hard.

Ida told my aunt she had the smallest boobs in the battle of the big boob trio in the mirror. My aunt replied that we got our big boobs from her mother, my grandmother Angela.

Before I knew it, we were having a Filipino meal on one side of the table and American on the other. To add to my feeling of surrealism, my aunt had my uncle put on a cassette with folk songs in the Visaya dialect from her childhood. It was to be "fiesta" soon in Lawa-an and she decided we were to have an impromptu celebration of our own.

I left early so I could make my skype date with Yummy. My evening was made early again by my jet lag and I had to make sure I got up for work the next day. Not looking forward to it either.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: