Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Awesome Possum

Driving to work in a good mood is a great start to the day. I came into gloomy or indifferent at the office. Maybe they changed the brand of coffee?

T&J and me met our great friend Dianne (aka Possum) at TooJay's at International Plaza. I always get a positive charge every time I see her. A happy reunion with her for T&J, too.

Dianne's nickname from me is Possum because of us watching Dame Edna live twice. We are absolutely mad for Dame Edna. She's had that the name for several years. I have this habit of giving people nicknames and it sticking with everyone else.

This picture was taken at lunch today. I may have been sitting a little too close. Check out her new Vera Wang brand eyewear. Hello Possum!



The rest of the afternoon could be described with two words ad nauseam. Sigh.

Started to IM with Yummy before leaving work, but we experienced technical difficulties. He'd been trying to log on, but couldn't until multiple tries. Finally settled into a conversation and it fried on my end. Texted him about it to explain. Received one text back before he did the old school way and dialed his phone so we could talk. Sometimes you just need two tin cans and a long string, ya know?

The evening got on quietly. Cabal received extra quality time which he reveled in. It's almost strangely obscene. I had some low calorie cereal with fat-free milk to counteract the Reuben sandwich made with pastrami I had at lunch. They served the sandwich with the Thousand Island dressing on the side which made the fat/calorie watching easier. Am I just deluding myself? Please don't tell me.

Oh, almost forgot -- Yummy taught me something new today. I didn't know that fish fingers were real. They grow about three inches already breaded. Ha!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: