Sunday, May 20, 2007

Deflated with New Wheels

Today was my day to myself. My goal is to always try and keep Sundays sacred to me. Got started late on purpose and was on my way to get my nails done when I noticed that my back left tire was low again. I had just put more air in it two weeks ago.

Upon further inspection, I noticed a tear in the tire wall. I knew I had to replace all four soon, but I wasn’t expecting to do that today. This is one of those “no choice” choices if I wanted to avoid a blowout (or worse) on the way to work tomorrow.

Tire Kingdom was close by and the last time I went there ironically enough was the day the London bombings occurred. I had the opportunity that day to speak to an English guy in the waiting room. He was a plethora of info on security there, etc. Let’s just say he has retired friends in their version of the CIA.

My lunch money was in deep jeopardy after the guy at Tire Kingdom gave me a quote of nearly $600 which included four nicer tires, warranties I don’t really understand, an alignment and an oil change. I felt more deflated than my tire. It was 1PM on a Sunday and I didn’t exactly have anyone to ask for some advice at the time so I agreed. It is rare that I resent myself being a super girly-girl and this is one of those times.

About an hour and a half later, I drove off with safer tires. I have to keep that in mind when I think about writing the check for almost $600. The bank will be happily sucking that out midweek from my checking account. Oh, well. Safer tires.

I picked up a few things at my friend Terry’s embroidery business that I had ordered the day before and were ready this afternoon. That made me happier and I also stopped at Target to get some sundry items, but totally skipped getting my nails done. It was near closing time on Sunday for the nail salon.

Talked to Yummy for an hour who has been busy working on his projects and doing a bit of shopping. I’ve been staying out of his way while he is in super creative mode. Can’t mess with the Yummy mojo when it is on fire, you know. Ha!

My sleeping patterns have changed for some reason. I've reset my alarms to different times to fool my body. Let's see how that works. It's weird, I know. Deal with it while I catch up on sleep.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: