Thursday, October 25, 2007

Viewing Van Gogh

With leash and dog in tow a little after 5am, the full moon greeted us with diffused abandon. Our closest natural satellite looked like it had been dry brushed with clouds of cream from side to side.

Seeing this love quote from Van Gogh reminded me of it again during the day:
"The more I think about it, the more I realize there is nothing more artistic than to love others."
Viewing his Irises at The Getty Museum in Los Angeles several years ago took my breath away. I was lucky enough to stand in front of it for several minutes without any interruption in my viewing pleasure as if I was its own private audience. My eyes focused on the lone white iris to the left. I got the strong impression it was him sticking his tongue out to the world. The other words or feelings I received were I may be in an asylum, but I can still stand out and I can still paint my essence on canvas. No one can take that away from me. I loved it.

Meanwhile back at the asylum I call my work, I had another round of software testing. I will have to continue it next week thanks to a miscommunication between the project manager and my boss. I was hoping to get it completed this week. Sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Rushed home to take care of my Pretty Boy Dog so I would be ready when Tawny picked me up around 7pm. I was accompanying her on a shopping errand for the Halloween party on Saturday. Two stores with a stop for dinner in between got me home around 11pm. I tried to settle in quickly by attempting to finish this post, but I soon discovered browser errors that would not allow me to log into Blogger.com. I performed all of their recommendations to the same negative results. Disgusted and sleepy I made it under the covers with more positive results.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: