Friday, October 12, 2007

Abe Vigoda is Not Dead

I remembered to send someone warm wishes for his birthday last night for today and received a nice thank you back this morning. It is important to remember birthdays because it is unique to that person. It's not like sharing the holidays with your family unless your birthday and a holiday are on the same day which would suck if you were a kid. Birthdays now just remind me of advancing years. I guess I am not in that feeling the wisdom stage though I feel I have earned some of the wisdom thing.

I don't know what made me get on this kick today. In the 70s, a wonderful detective sitcom called, Barney Miller came to be. A memorable character named, Fish played brilliantly by Abe Vigoda was introduced. There is a running joke I have that is used as a punctuation to anything or a useless FYI that I on occasion end my conversations with, "Oh, by the way, Abe Vigoda is not dead." He is often mistaken for having crossed into The Great Beyond. In his 80s now, he is still very much alive. I sent my new boss the link as a joke. He had been receiving interesting news e-mail from me regarding our UK parent company and later decided to switch it up on him. Can you believe he has never heard of IMDB? Now he's sucked into IMDB. He also feels more secure now that he knows that Abe is still alive. (Not.) Certainly helps me sleep better...Wait, uh...I don't sleep. Scratch that.

My boss encouraged me to leave early as he was leaving on time. My day starts at least one hour later than his. Who was I to disagree with him? It gave me plenty of time to do some errands and still get home at my normal time. Hee.

Talked to Kathy while I was driving. She went to work and afterwards attended an unplugged (acoustic) concert at the House of Blues Orlando last night with her boyfriend Jamie. Her doctor on Wednesday had diagnosed her with strep throat and prescribed some antibiotics. Poor thing was worn out and stayed home today. She will not be attending Girlie Day tomorrow and she'd been looking forward to it.

Trish called me from San Francisco later in the evening. Things are going a lot better now that she and her boyfriend are living in the same apartment. Her job's excitement factor has leveled out, but she gets to meet celebrities. Simon Cowell turned out to be really nice and more handsome in person. There are more details I would like to share, but I cannot because I'd rather not air semi-dirty laundry. No, nothing remotely horrible, just odd tidbit. Too bad for us.

Making it to bed earlier. Really tonight I have no choice. My body knows it is the weekend. Tomorrow is going to be great fun with the girlies so I'd better rest up.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: