Sunday, October 14, 2007

Cooler Sunday

A cool breeze accompanied Cabal and me as we walked the complex. No other souls were walking around at 7:00am. There were a few cars driving about but essentially it was an AGOL and her beautiful beast surveying the dawn. Thankfully the water sprinklers were not on anywhere; however, the birds' songs were filtering through the branches from above.

Received an update from my old school friend Sheila. She's a design editor at a local paper in Colorado. The poor girl has been having a time of it with her supervisor quitting and her cat causing her to injure her foot.

(For those close to me, you know my cat rule: Only one pussy cat per household: Me! Sheila would not have had that problem had she followed that rule for herself. Yes, I do like cats, but I tend to be allergic to them and the little things love to rub and purr themselves silly all over me. Weirdos.)

And then...Sheila also had to call 911 on her neighbor's visitors who were causing a ruckus by her home last night. I told her she needed some martinis as soon as possible. It would be a start.

I called Myrna near noon and had her laughing for almost 30 minutes straight. At some point she started to cough and choke and I had to let up. It started with me bragging that I passed an online survey that invited me in as a member. She and husband were both rejected when they took it years ago. I played with that for a while and moved on to other subjects. I can make anything ridiculously funny. I have the Filipino side of my family to thank for that skill.

My nails were filled in by my regular gal Mary's brother Jimmy. She was busy air brushing some tacky design on a hookerella's nails that took a very long time. I skipped the pedicure and will come back on Saturday.

I wrote a slightly scathing note to my bank. I am having an ATM/debit card replaced due to age and the magnetic stripe wearing off so I put the order in online late Friday. The representative responded on Saturday said that my current card would still be valid until I received the new one next week. Imagine my surprise at attempting to withdraw some cash at two of their locations (just to make sure). The machine informed me that my card was invalid. I'm expecting a call by 10am before my first meeting tomorrow. Grrr.

Next week will be H-E-double hockey sticks...My temp will be on vacation from Tuesday through Friday. I will be doing her job while she is gone and Bridget gets to be both of us during the same time. I am not relishing splitting my time between her cube and mine. Sigh. I need to put a positive spin on the thing. Please feel free to chime in with ideas. Really. Anything at all. I mean it.

...Going to watch an episode of Doctor Who now.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: