Wednesday, October 24, 2007

For Schizzle at Schnitzelhaus

The gentle rain falling must have washed away some of the commuters' reason. I left late on purpose and unfortunately got to work even later thanks to the sluggish traffic. How easy is it to forget to drive in the rain?

You know how I always talk about my Filipino side? Well, today my German side was satisfied when Ant drove Bridget and me to Schnitzelhaus where we had a delicious sampling of German food. It is now on the AGOL Approved List and perhaps some day we will be able to drink beer from their famous stein as seen on the link above. I doubt it, but Ant has high hopes. The owner's approach was rather brusque especially with his version of bon appetit which was something like You will enjoy! I know he didn't mean anything by it because the place was very welcoming. His great food spoke for itself, danke.

Our afternoon walk around the building was considerably cooler than yesterday thanks to the rain. Bridget and I remarked on the difference in temperatures and what we can look forward to in the changes. Gosh, Christmas is just two months away! I hope to surf right over the holidays. Maybe if I close my eyes it will pass quickly...

With the rain beading outside the third floor windows and knowing it was cooler made me think about having a Baking Day. Baking day with flour, sugar, eggs and chocolate since I don't have a honey to have the other kind of Baking Day. Ha! Staying at home on a rainy day and having a (lazy) loving day with someone you care about is so much fun. You just might be able to incorporate baking cookies or a cake. Need sustenance, non? Sometimes your AGOL has way too many ideas. Sigh.

I decided on soup for dinner from my Chinese place. Instead of calling ahead of time, I was on the phone with Tawny who had stayed home from a hyper extended knee. I arrived at the Chinese place and put my order in for some egg drop and won ton soups plus other stuff I ordered at the last minute because it smelled so darned delicious in there. Hmpf!

Selecting a chair on the side to wait on my order, a lady struck up a conversation with me by asking if I always order the same things. I replied that I almost order the same things because when you have a craving for something, that is all you want and deviating from it results in disappointment. She agreed. I told her that I usually call ahead when I am at a certain point on the highway and that I have a preset on my phone with their number. It is filed under "China". She laughed and thought it clever. We continued to happily chat and I told her that her son had held the door open for me when I came in. She was grateful to hear something nice; she'd been experiencing teen angst with him.

Back home, I walked Cabal in no rain which was a godsend. My meal was exactly what I wanted and will be able to enjoy it again tomorrow for lunch. The soup definitely hit the spot.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Kathy B said...

I see a schnitzelicious evening at this place in our future. Wonder if they have a polka night! Maybe after Halloweenie. ..

So a Skeleton walks into a bar..