Thursday, October 04, 2007

Searching for Normal

Was hoping for normal and quiet at work, but got more of the same. As I mentioned in the last entry, I was looking forward to taking two ibuprofen pills but ended up eating two Krispy Kreme doughnuts that Tawny left on my desk. Little did she know that we were in no danger of running out of doughnuts for the rest of the day. There must have been 12 boxes delivered to my floor and another 12 boxes on the 4th floor. We are having Customer Service week and it was part of the celebration. Our site was on a scary sugar high all day. (Just think of my boss.)

Bridget's five-year old son drew on a pumpkin he received from school and called him Pumpkin Fred. He made his mom give the pumpkin a ride in the front seat and take him to work because Pumpkin Fred wanted to go with Mom. Bridget took a different picture of the pumpkin at her desk as proof for her little boy. She was going to have the pumpkin in her son's carseat when she picked him up from school as if Pumpkin Fred had been waiting for his owner. The whole thing was really cute.

Meet Pumpkin Fred!


I received my own little ornamental pumpkin from Kathy via Tawny who visited her last evening for more Halloween party planning. Oh gosh, I have to come up with a costume idea. Well...I do have one already. Not telling until the day of the party. It's not racy but it could be sexy. I'll have to take it into the AGOL R&D group for further development. Ha!

Gave Tawny a ride home and traffic was smooth sailing. She asked me if I was staying home tomorrow so I could go with her and Rosemary to movies and lunch. I thought about it and my workload and declined. I have the time, but I would feel too guilty. Damn me for being responsible.

My ribs still hurt a little and laughing all day didn't help. I pleaded for no humor but that just egged my friends to make me laugh even harder, the little demons. They are probably getting me back for my own pranks and jokes. Hmpf! Still, my energy is low and not at effervescent level. I should head early to bed. Night-night...
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: