Monday, October 29, 2007

Blissful Blur

Cooler breezes followed me from my early walk with Cabal at 5am to my day at work. I remember being present and working. Bridget and I exchanged weekend Halloween party photos, I finished my portion of the software testing, and I answered lots of e-mails both professional and personal. I recall chuckling at some of my favorite blogger's recent entries and hearing the following joke from Demented IT Guy Kevin that had me giggling for quite a while:
A six and a seven year old (brothers) decide that they are going to starting cursing one morning. The older one says, "Okay, your word will be hell and mine will be ass." Downstairs they went for breakfast. Their mother asks the younger brother what he wants for breakfast. He replies, "Oh, hell. I'll just have some Cheerios." The mother smacks her son for cursing. After administering the punishment, she turns to the older brother and asks him the same question. He had seen what had happened to his brother who was still sobbing at the table and begins to rethink his decision. Tentatively, he replies, "You can bet your fat ass it won't be Cheerios!"
By day's end, it was like a mysterious zephyr had carried my memories making them into gossamer curtains waving away along with any worry or stress. Strange indeed, but nice. Spent a gentle evening enjoying quiet time with a Chinese dinner, playing with my Pretty Boy Dog and watching a new episode of Heroes before sipping some jasmine tea. Its warmth filled me and my being with a comfort strong enough for me to desire sleep. Amazing.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: