Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bridget's Makeover & Make-up Lesson

My department meeting dragged for an hour starting at 2:30pm. I was too excited about giving Bridget a makeover after and teaching her how to wear the quality make-up she bought. We scurried into the ladies restroom and camped out in a small section of the long vanity. I would do one side of Bridget's face and stopped at each step so she could complete the other half.

Historically when I've given makeovers, I make sure the client always knows how to do it themselves. What is the point of them buying all of the cosmetics if they don't have the knowledge and newly learned skills to recreate it at home? Bridget proved to be a hilarious, but willing student. At one point, she had a small scuffle with the mascara and the mascara almost won.

BEFORE ..........................................AFTER


The makeover result was a more even skin tone and no dark circles around each eye area. Bridget loved it! She is a beautiful girl with or without make-up, but her new look allows us to focus on her sparkling eyes. Sigh. I've always wanted light eyes and instead I have this weird brown color. When I was 13, a schoolmate named Alan DeLapp said that my eyes were like pools of fudge. He was writing me an impromptu poem in front of everyone, the little darling.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: