Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mostly I'm Silent

Sleeping is just crazy. I made it in between the silk-soft sandwich of golden sheets at 12am, but woke up between 2am and 3am. Was also awake before 5am, but forced myself to stay in until 5am.

Work was the boring midweek slump. The only thing jumping around was my boss. Luckily, he is getting sucked into several committees. Those are the kinds of activities I believe he thrives on which allows his attention to flit from one thing to another. It'll be a win-win all around for our group.

Tawny worked part-time from home today. The critical care relative will now be relegated to hospice to make the rest of her days as comfortable as possible. The patient was awake today and watched TV. Just days ago, she was in a medically induced coma waiting to be taken off respirators. Nothing is ever simple or understandable, is it?

Lunch was pleasantly quiet throughout my meal with a few people popping in to say hello and inquire why I was lunching alone. I find it curious that some people cannot fathom being able to enjoy a meal by themselves. The focus allows you to empty your mind and concentrate on the act of nourishing yourself from the action of feeding to masticating your food. It also brings your heart rate down and allows a calm to come over you. In my case, it was shattered by an influx of loud talkers.

What I despise more than dumb women are dumb men. I am not talking about being naive or being ignorant, but of smart people exhibiting stupidity. I had the unexpected pleasure of instructing a man on how to use a new microwave at work. How do you set the power level? How do you set the cooking time after the power level? I gave instructions and he kept at it. I got irritated at the whiny tone and said sternly, Dude, you're in IT. Figure it out. He didn't appreciate it and tried to play it off that the microwave wasn't hooked on the network. This man gets paid twice as much as me. He was a pilot in the Air Force. He's well travelled. Give me a bloody break. I've had discussions on politics with him and he loses every time. Tawny has had discussions with him, too, and lost. I don't think he enjoys being bested by a woman or is that his case of the dumbass being pointed out to him? Tough call.

Gave Bridget a makeover and a make-up lesson after our department meeting. I decided to give its own space: Bridget's New Look for her roller derby calendar photoshoot on Saturday.

My cousin Angie IM'ed me with this link to a Free Online Habit Tracker. She further mentioned that I could put the tracker on my blog. What do you think she was trying to tell me? I don't have any goals right now that I would like to have publicly tracked. I am mentioning it in case one of you would like to track yours.

Drove home using a quicker route by taking the toll road. The drive was silent, too. The car radio was on, but my being was quiet. It continued when I ate my dinner this feeling of silence within. I am unsure what or where to attribute it. I'll have to be more cognizant of the silence later when I go to sleep and see if it speaks to me.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: