Friday, October 19, 2007

Omens, Wisdom, Cellophane & Free Rice

Arrived to work encountering an omen (though not alarming) but caught on the fourth floor parking garage right before catching the elevator down. I received a similar one while walking with Bridget under the covered walkway later. Might be a little too creepy to describe since it involved two small dead creatures in a beautiful repose. Even in death things can still be beautiful is the paraphrased version from Tawny when I discussed these findings with her...

There is a lady at work who reminds me of a gypsy with her seductively dark eyes, wild curly hair and her a modern gypsy version of dress. I love talking with her and we've found a mutual admiration society in one another. She says we are kindred spirits with gypsy hearts. I believe her. Today, I asked her for wisdom. Whatever comes to you...the first thought...you are my instrument of wisdom today. She said her first instinct was politically incorrect, but then said some words that held very special meaning for me. Can't share, but I know I will probably update this post a month or two from now with it when it is not so fresh on my nerves. I thanked her and told her she was a good cookie. She told me that I always look great everyday.

On my way back to my desk with breakfast in my hands to write down the wisdom, I met Lisa in the hallway who brought me a small sweet present. She saw it and thought of me. She's a good cookie, too, but she made me forget my wisdom. I had to e-mail my gypsy friend for it again.

At lunch, I told the cafe's manager about my lunch mishap yesterday and she wanted to give me free lunch today and I declined. She allowed me to pay today, but gave me a card with a free one for the future. Wasn't that nice? I was floored at her generosity.

Oh geesh...Tawny had a good laugh watching me trying to get rid of a piece of cellophane. It wouldn't have been so bad, but her husband was there and this guy named John to witness. The static was too strong between me and the cello from a small package of crackers so I ended up wrestling it with my hands. What seemed interminable, finally ended with me getting it off my hands and whispering expletives. Never a dull moment.

Left early to pick up a FedEx package at my complex's office and opened the three new votive candle holders I ordered on Saturday. They are elegant and go with my decor. Now where to put them....??

Called Myrna and she picked me up for quick eats and a trip to Old Time Pottery in Brandon to sashay (ha!) down the aisles with a cart, scouring for deals and stuff I may or may not need for the home. Ended up with stuff to make a "-scape" of some sort in my bathroom. I had an idea for it and now that I have it up, I may rearrange it again. There is a very sweet white ceramic angel my cousin Angie gave me about 12 years ago and wanted to give it a lift and a nice surround. Sometimes I swear I am a gay man trapped in a woman's body. Even gay men who know me say Wow.

My cousin Angie sent me this very smart link to Free Rice. I stopped after I got a score of 700. Don't know why I am amazed I have a vocabulary. Maybe it is because I don't get to exercise it as much as I'd like to without providing pocket dictionaries. It was good brain fun. You try it at Free Rice. How can I not love something with rice in it and it helps others?
My fellow gypsies wisdom for me today: If you seek ME, you will find ME, if you seek ME with all your heart.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: