Sunday, October 21, 2007

It's the Little Things

Washing bed pillows, using special shampoo on my make-up brushes and cleaning my everyday jewelry are just a few of the things I found myself tackling today. I had other plans complete with an itinerary, but I decided to leave them for another day. Sometimes life just goes that way.

It is tackling the little things that can give you the greatest satisfaction. Perhaps it makes the bigger things that much more doable. A whole lot of little things, as you know, can outweigh a couple of the bigger things. Sounds simple doesn't it?

Preparing my small corner of the world with more fall decor to last until Thanksgiving. I am not doing my handmade ornament party this year the Sunday before Thanksgiving. It is just too much pressure on my plate right now. Also, been putting together my costume for next weekend.

I decided to be a gypsy fortune teller which is not too far off the mark for regular AGOL. I am a gypsy at heart and I have been a fortune teller in brief circles. Luckily on my costume, I own most of what I need to complete it and need to pick up two items. The biggest decision is on how much fantasy make-up I will do. It involves a lot of glitter and colored eyeshadow that will extend way beyond the eyes. Oops -- just remembered that I will have to buy a couple of colors to go with the outfit.

Mostly an overcast day which I very much appreciated. A different variety of medium size dragonflies were still dancing about with butterflies next to my car as Cabal and I emerged again in the afternoon. They had brown bodies and brown gossamer wings that looked like they had been dipped at the tips in a cloud.

A good night's sleep, tackling many small things and generally keeping away from the world brought me a contented measure of peace. Other than love, I very much treasure feeling peace. Sometimes this gypsy would like to hang up her worn shoes and just sit around the fire drinking a warm liquid for comfort. In this case, no fire but some rain this evening and a good quality tea made with whole green tea leaves and jasmine blossoms. Wishing you the peace I am feeling at the moment.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: