Monday, October 08, 2007

No New Discoveries on Columbus Day

Columbus Day gave us lighter traffic and no mail delivery. I need to work for the government to get these kinds of bank holidays off. Lucky ducks. Instead I work for a UK owned company who CLEARLY do not let their US subsidiaries observe the same amount of holidays, etc. that they do in the UK and other European subsidiaries.

Bridget wasn't in first thing and I thought she might have stayed home another day because her son had not been feeling well. My boss remembered that she had a doctor's appointment. She was in by noon, but I lost my own productivity somehow at the worry that she would not be there because I would have to be the designated buyer for the day. I had my own plans of reorganizing which I did chunk out a good bit today. Hooray!

Tawny's mother-in-law's sister was not taken off life support yesterday. They have signed a DNR (do not resuscitate) when the time comes. Apparently, she suffered severe damage in her heart. Tawny and Jeff will not be in tomorrow to support his parents. My prayers and love to you all.

To cheer my Monday, I showed a couple of people Carter's videos from yesterday and I replayed them to myself a few times. All three just made me laugh. I have other interview questions for Carter the next time I see him. It pays to carry around a handbag that is often mistaken for luggage so I have enough room to tote my digital camera. That is one of the reasons anyway. It doesn't quite describe my other obsessive compulsive items....like chewing & whitening gum, special toothpicks, hand sanitizer just to name a few. Yes, a few!

Received Kathy's Halloween Party e-mail invite which means I need to think my costume through and design the make-up I will be wearing. Can't decide if I will wear false eyelashes or not. I need to buy some body glitter, too. Where are my sketchpad and colored pencils to write and draw all this stuff down?!

Stopped at the grocery store on the way home to get a treat for Cabal. Well, $63 later... I bought food stuff for myself over the treat package. It is a bad idea to go shopping when you're hungry for dinner. I saved $12 with the Buy One Get One Frees, etc. That is what I kept telling myself when I only expected to spend $7 at the most. What are you gonna do?

Watched more riveting episodes of Heroes and Journeyman. Chuck which was on before Heroes was okay. All three were nice mental bubblegum before the news and Jay Leno.

OMG - Bad Joke from The Tonight Show with Jay Leno:
Q - Who is China's favorite band?
A - Lead Zeppelin!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: