Monday, October 15, 2007

It's Bunday!

I was falling asleep in my morning conference call that was also a webcast. Standing helped me stay up until I was silently begging for our vendor to end the call that had gone about 20 minutes too long. My boss, on the other hand, was starting to do the pee-pee dance in his chair and ran down the hall when our call was over. Hee.

Decided to postpone my meeting with my temp till the afternoon. I didn't want to feel extra tired before lunch so I sent the invite for later. Meanwhile, I ended up calling my bank trying to find out what happened yesterday. Funds are readily available again and all is good with the bank who apologized for the error.

Meeting with the temp was quicker than I thought, but will meet with her again tomorrow morning. Spent the afternoon catching up on stuff. Truth be told, I was bored. Sigh.

You have to see this Cute Bunny that gives us the blog post title of Bun-day. Angie sent this to me in the afternoon and the pictures almost made my teeth shatter. We're all about cute at AGOL-land.

I needed to do some food shopping but didn't feel like going to a normal grocery store so I found myself with a mini-cart at the Oriental Market. Picked up some Yaki-Soba noodles that I will stir fry later with veggies and the seasoning that came with the noodles. Splurged on a very lean cut of flank steak that I sliced later for a stir-fry with broccoli and sweet spicy sauce. Bought several other things including a couple of new Filipino items to take to my aunt's tomorrow.

The only thing I had trouble with was buying a small bag of jasmine rice. They had broken jasmine rice, but not regular long grain jasmine rice in a small bag. The only alternative was to buy a body bag size of rice. That is more than enough rice for one Asian family for a few months. I declined. The lady checking my groceries felt bad because she looked on the shelves, too. When my goodies were bagged, all of a sudden she said, Here - a gift for you. She handed me a parting gift at the end which was a new package of blueberry cookies. I thanked her and drove home.

After taking care of Cabal, my house soon smelled nicely of Asian food and I still had rice previously leftover to have with my stir-fry. Watched some really good programming like Heroes and I was set for the evening.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: