Saturday, October 06, 2007

Blogloss...Almost

The Saturday Four didn't get done this morning...again. Kim had several things on her plate. I will have to bite the bullet and do it. Just have to be smart about walking the woods by myself. Safety first. Stop chuckling, Tawny and Angie. I will not bring a flare gun no matter how much I want to. Cell phone, hurricane whistle (loud as a mofo) and water are the minimum gear.

Oh! Did I mention I was having more Yahoo e-mail issues? I've tried sending to both Tawny and Jeff a set of links and have done so a couple of times. Grrr. I tried sending it to Tawny via messages in myspace. I didn't hear if the regular e-mail work because they were having a family crisis.

Jeff's aunt, who lives with his mom and dad, had to be induced into a coma yesterday and they didn't expect her to live. Something about an extended heart attack. During that wait, Tawny found out that her own great aunt passed this morning. This afternoon I find out that Jeff's aunt will be taken off life support tomorrow and will be cremated. Both will be losing family members by tomorrow's end. It's a shame. Sending you both my love and lighting candles for your family.

Listened to Queen Latifah's new album Trav'lin' Light. You can click and listen to the music sampler of her impressive rendition of old jazz and R&B tunes from Phoebe Snow, Sarah Vaughn, Etta James and Peggy Lee. Dana Owens, her real name, has transformed herself into a real class act. Did you see her role as Momma in the movie Chicago? She was fierce and sexy!

Almost lost my blog forever this evening. I was messing with something on the template and accidentally deleted most of the codes and SAVED it. Ordinarily, this would cause an ACM (AGOL Crisis Moment), but I had another instance of my page open only to see that it was for one month only. The archived pages are not the same as the homepage. I used Tools>View Source and copied the codes just in case. It would give me a good start at rebuilding my page that was a custom creation by Tawny's daughter Jess. She was really good in getting the flavor I wanted and it centered mostly on the color range of mandarin orange to frangipani pink. Jess was the one who added the kiss mark on the header and she was right on with it.

I was looking at the codes when it dawned on me to use googlecache.com which takes a snapshot of everything including my blog earlier today. I was able to copy ALL the HTML coding and save to have my complete blog page again. Only had to delete a few lines attributed to googlecache.com at the top. Whew! It took a fast five minutes to fix my error. I am one lucky and very smart AGOL.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: