Saturday, October 27, 2007

Howling Halloween Party

Almost forgot I had a hair cut appointment this morning, but was able to get myself in the shower in time to be there. I promised Halloween co-hostess' Kathy and Tawny that I would make a vegetarian version of my Filipino eggrolls which made a stop to the Asian store a must after my haircut. Ended up making 50 eggrolls, but decided to fry them at Kathy's house. It was too humid with the rain to try and make sure they cooled completely and stay crisp for a couple of hours.

Walking around towards the front door, I noticed the personalized graveyard. Kathy and Jamie were have been very, very busy...

AGOL's is funny, but I loved Mart's that says, Water My Grave with Beer



The Graveyard



Cindi and Her Cutie........&.......Cindi with sis Kathy



Jason with his girlie Allison



Glam Witch Jill with Kool Keg hubby Mart. (I teased Mart that the pump wasn't for the keg, but actually a penile pump. It brought screams.)



Ant as Minister of Death with Wild Witch Wife Becca



Blaspheming the AGOL! Tawny and Kathy thought it would be funny to have the banned Chip and Dip at their party. Notice the dip wasn't even taken out and put in a proper bowl. They cackled the whole time about this addition. The party was still a howl despite this intentional blemish.



Party accouterments: Ouija board at fortune telling table and plasma action. Too bad I didn't get to try the drink mixers from test tubes.



Who has the better bump? Becca or Dan? (I can't believe you missed this Jeff!!)



Jamie being an ghoul of some sort and avoiding the wedding issue with Pretty Pirate Kathy. AARGH!


Backstory: Ant is a bonafide minister thanks to the Internet and his wife Becca is a notary. We figured, all our friends and some family were gathered in one place so why not get married during the party? Had everything been set-up, it would've been legal. Jamie's scariest nightmare almost came true. Hate to tell you this, Jamie, but you guys can already be construed as common law man and wife. Happy Halloween, Jamie!

Sisters being cheery...



Matt winding down and chillin'. His wife was Britney Spears (trashy version), but forgot to take pic.



The Grave Outdoors...

Difficult to see, but you'll get the ghost...er, gist.



Jack scaring away guests and a special Witch's Brew complete with rotating hand.


There are so many other pics of other people, but I am posting those on Picasa for my buddies to see in their entirety. Sending more video clips to them, too. Jeff ended up missing most of the party to help someone with a costume contest at Ybor City's Guavaween so hopefully those will help him get a feel for the ghoulish delights we experienced. Thank you very much Kathy & Jamie and Tawny & Jeff for putting together a really fabulous party. You outdid yourselves with the decorations and the food. It was well-attended (two dozen?) and great fun!

Post party...
Putting my costume together was easy as was the fantasy make-up. I didn't as elaborate as I wanted to in case I had an allergic reaction to the paint. Dummy me forgot to take the picture when the application was "fresh" and other special effects "visible" so here it is with a slight touch-up several hours later when I got home.

Tired gypsy fortune teller...


Jumped in the shower (third time today!) to get rid of all the make-up from face, neck and arms. Finally made it to bed after 2am when my jasmine tea helped to wind me down.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicely done! Jeff says thanks for the entry so he could see the craziness that occured!

Kathy B said...

Excellent pics! Tired today but totally worth it. Glad you had fun!

helloagol said...

Hello Girlies: It was a fun way to get our freaky on, but we all know we don't need an excuse. Just ask Ant! ;p

Love yous muchas,
Sarah

PS I predict next year will be better...