Friday, October 05, 2007

30 Boxes of Pizza

No playing hooky today. It was back to the salt mines for this AGOL. Friday couldn't come fast enough. I anticipated another unusual day and I was not disappointed.

It was "Grunge Day" at work where the plaid shirts, the cargo pants and a general dirt look could be seen everywhere as part of our last theme day for Customer Service Week. Bridget wore something sort of grungy, but it was more of honoring a bet with a troglodyte in our area. She looked cute though!

Bridget had a couple of moments in this get-up. She had to drop off her son inside the school, pump gasoline in her car and meet our new boss' wife (surprise!) at her desk dressed in this outfit first thing this morning. I died laughing when she told me.

Ta Dah! Bridget standing in her cube. Mine is the one behind her with the hearts aka The Love Zone. Our co-workers love us because they never know what to expect from our Dream Team. Yes, we're both the same age, but we act like our shoe size.


Reality set in soon after when I saw Tawny present at work. She ended up coming in and canceling her plans with Rosemary. Come to find out that her mother-in-law's sister was admitted to the hospital overnight and had to be induced in a coma. Tawny was also waiting to have her review with her new boss. It was a stressful day for her.

Lunch for our site came in 60 boxes of pizza (30 boxes for each floor we occupy). Can you imagine being the company fulfilling that order? It came at 1pm and I usually eat lunch around 11:45am so I missed it until I needed a snack later in the afternoon.

My friend Lisa was a little cross with me at lunch. I had told her that I was not going to put up a tree for Christmas. She said I was going to and I said I threw out my tree earlier this year. My tree was six-feet tall and I would wrap it with 1200 mini/fairy lights and cram it with ornaments when completed. Her reply? I will buy you a damn tree. Tawny just sat back and listened. She knows better. My apartment can look and smell like a Christmas Wonderland akin to the ones in retail displays, but my heart is not in it (or at least this moment.) Lisa is mulling the whole thing over.

Kathy finally sent me her Autumn-themed "Pimp My Cube" pics. She did a great job. The student has become the teacher. Love it! :::a lonely yet joyful teardrop escaping from your AGOL's eye:::

Kathy, your cube is inspirational in the middle of your floor's construction job. I didn't know your cube was this big.


Are those little leaves that have blown inside? I wonder where I've seen that before? I'm sure I don't know...


Thunder and rain decided to make a visit in the afternoon and continued in the evening. I was lucky enough to walk Cabal during a lull. He doesn't like to get wet. God forbid his paws step into water! Spent the evening curled in the sofa watching Ghost Whisperer, Moonlight and Numb3rs. Glad it was TV having the dramas. I'd rather watch or write about dramas and not be in it. Maybe next week will be better to be in one. I can feel less pressurized at work. Cross your fingers...

Update: I won't be a complete Grinch. I will still decorate my door like this with multiple poinsettia filled pots at the bottom.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: