Thursday, October 11, 2007

Shake It Up Baby

Nothing like a little shake-up with an executive cleaning in the first month of the fiscal year. Read an e-mail announcement of the sudden loss of execs including the president of our North American division. You remember him? The one I was campaigning to for my (imaginary) Smile Ambassador appointment? I really liked him because he was genuine. Nice guys don't always finish first, do they?

The news was posted 7am UK time and has spread like wildfire all over cyberspace. My boss followed it up with a little "smoothing of the feathers" to Bridget and me so we understood what it meant. We know what it means: a little house cleaning to make room for new furniture. On a good note, our own division president is rumored to start next week. Okay, we'll hold off on the good news part until we meet him.

Spent a quiet day working with brief but frequent interruptions from my boss. It didn't bother me today...I was happy to see Tawny in finally. Spent some time with her, but she was holed up in conference calls all day. She was winning friends and influencing people. Eek! Tawny has a way of gently pointing out stupidity and backing it up with facts and figures. I've seen her in action; she's good.

My cell phone rang on my drive home, but realized it was in my zippered pocket of my trousers. My haste made driving and extricating the cell phone a challenge. Myrna was finally returning my call from Friday. I was going to call her this evening with worry.

Oh gosh, I almost forgot to mention that I was forced to repeat a joke Tawny texted me two Saturdays ago for my boss and a girl from marketing. The chickie from marketing needed a corny joke to tell her boyfriend and she forgot how I told it the other day. Nothing like being put on the spot. I almost forgot how to tell the damn thing: Where does a bee go to the bathroom? The BP Station!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: