Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Santa's a Little Early

Fifteen precious minutes were robbed from me this morning by my dog. I was experiencing a good night's rest and he wanted me up before 5am. Yes, master. Cool breezes and maple leaves swirled everywhere at dark o'clock...Ichabod Crane anywhere?

I was reminded it was the end of the month in the Finance Department thanks to dozens of e-mails and phone calls having us verify items we've purchased. Why do I forget about the end of month pain when I am a part of the same department? Must be a subconscious thing. I had to restrain Bridget and remind her to go to her happy place when her frustrations escalated with people in the other building.

Drove Tawny, Jeff and me to the mall for lunch and for me to stop at the wireless provider to upgrade my wireless card before it stops working...in a couple of days. Imagine my surprise walking around outside and inside and saw that Christmas' horrible presence was everywhere. Call me Scroogette. I don't bloody care; I was sickened. They didn't even wait until after Halloween! To top it off, this wireless provider branch was an authorized dealer, but didn't provide those upgrades. Grrr...

Soon Santa will be sitting in front of the giant snowglobe...




Tried to get to another official wireless provider branch to upgrade my card on the way home and they looked at me like I was on crack when I told them what I needed. They referred me to a website. Good grief! I will have to attempt to install the upgrade myself tomorrow morning and let our telecom peep know if it is not successful. I may have to get a new card and wait for a couple of days. We'll see.

I am not as zen-like as yesterday, but trying with my jasmine tea right now. Tomorrow should be fun with people encouraged to dress up at work for Halloween. No, I am not dressing up, but I will play photog. Wait until the video with Bridget tomorrow and a pic of my boss in his costume. We will all have a great time ghoulishly looking at that posting! Heh-heh.
.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: