Tuesday, October 02, 2007

And Then...

Granted this week so far is an improvement over last week, but the pressure is still there. The energy was skewed further by other people's drama. Here's how it went...

Bridget had taken her son to the allergist first thing this morning and came to work finding out that one of her tires had a chunk missing out of it. It had to be replaced before her trip home over the long bridge to St. Petersburg. She ended up spending a couple hundred dollars on two tires and that is without the extra alignment work. The rest of her afternoon went downhill from there thanks to bickering with her boyfriend about her refusal to go see midget wrestling with him. I beg you not to have me elaborate. It just gets ugly.

And then...Tawny told me we could go out anywhere for lunch since her husband Jeff was going home to retrieve his wallet. We sat and enjoyed a tasty lunch albeit being served our meal 20 minutes after our initial order and in a warm temperature, not warm hot or piping hot. Grrr. Our waitress was not having a good day. Even worse was Jeff having a blowout in one of the tires as he was leaving the house. He ended up replacing all four tires at a tire shop. Had to call around for this special size tire on their compact vehicle which took the rest of the afternoon.

And then...My friend Lisa said that her shoe had a blowout meaning that she had to go to the mall and replace the pair she had on during lunch which did not end up an easy task.

And then...My boss was still hyper (sadly no tranquilizing device readily available). He was bouncing around like Tigger trying to put out fires and giving us frequent updates.

And then...Well, this part was better. Met some of my motley crew after work for some steam letting. Gave Tawny a ride and Jeff met us along with Ant and DJ. DJ had asked me late yesterday afternoon if we could meet. I forgot to invite Kathy and Jamie! Had a great time anyway; there was plenty of humor to go around. Ant had a delicious spunkin muffin from the coffeeshop after. It had a lot of spice and a creamy center. Whhhattt?

Found out ghoulish plans are being made for a Halloween party at Kathy and Jamie's house. Tawny and Jeff are involved in the planning. Jeff used to build sets for television and with all the creativity and geekiness going on with the rest of the group, it will be spooktacular!

Speaking of Halloween, Cabal is lucky I don't make him look like these. (Click link to see wrong doing by other pet owners.) Besides, Cabal would be dressed like a king or was that a pimp?

Side note...Tawny was happy that I am writing again for me as in the recent entries instead of encouraging and helping others to write. She believes I've neglected myself in the last year. I've explained to her that the ideas are always there and I use some of those ideas to help others. Generating ideas has always come easily for me. Writing, if I allow myself, is like breathing. I am not an expert by any means, but I give it a shot. It is the execution of some of the other ideas for myself that is the challenge.

I've probably told you before that I grew up without television a portion of my childhood. My mother refused to buy another TV after our house got broken into for the second time in the Philippines. I was forced to use my imagination and creativity for amusement. Those habits have kept my mind alive like an active volcano. Run out of ideas? Are you serious? Girl, pull up a steno pad and take notes. Hope you know shorthand.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: