Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Peppering of Humor

I quickly remembered why I am no longer doing my temp's job that I trained her for a year ago. It just plain sucks. It was like riding a bike in the processing of IT-related requests, but I still had to IM my IT buddies when I hit a few bumps. The only bad thing for the users was that I am now included under the cloak of capital expenses police. I'm sure several people enjoyed my justification requests. My UK parent says cinch the purse strings tighter, I help cinch the purse strings tighter.

It wasn't all work and typing like a fiend. There was a peppering of humor. In my IM to Kathy who is co-hosting the Halloween party at her house, I teased her and asked if her boyfriend who is of a smaller stature (5'5" to her 5'9") will be dressing up as the Keebler Elf, Ernie.

Sarah says: is jamie going to be the Keebler guy?
Kathy says: ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! OMG THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!
Sarah says: tell him to dress up like FRODO from Lord of the Rings
Sarah says: a hobbit
Kathy says: he was thinking of being this guy, but not enough time now that he's working: http://www.tronguy.net/
Sarah says: OMFG
Kathy says: i know!! total nerdom
Kathy says: and imagine, the tron guy works as a computer consultant
Kathy says: I just texted Jamie your idea on keebler and his response was "Tell Sarah to KMA" (kiss my ass)
Sarah says: LOL

The AGOL is the original Evil Kitty...Jamie will get me back at the party. Don't you worry.

Enjoyed some more Alaskan crab legs for dinner. I just love this stuff steamed and seasoned with Old Bay seasoning and vinegar or wine. I sat on the floor using my large glass and iron coffee table as my dining table and happily camped out. Yeah, baby.

Completely sucked into watching the new Bionic Woman series. I had a metal lunchbox in the 70s from the original one. I can't wait until the next episode... While watching TV at my real dining room table, my dog sat down near my feet. Something made me look down and I saw this, my dog telling me he wanted a chest and belly rub:



He must have been really wanting attention because he was patient and let me take pictures. Jeezus, I can't decide whether to be embarrassed or amused. Is this canine cutie actually smiling??



How can you top all that? You can't. You just gotta laugh.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: