Tuesday, December 25, 2007

AGOL's Hard Candy Christmas

Today was my day of reckoning with the Yuletide. I made the mistake of allowing myself to feel something at 7am as I gathered last minute items together for transport to my aunt's home. Tears fell for a good while. When I do allow myself to experience feelings, I feel them deeply. My sorrow magnified today of all days. Not the best way to greet Christmas, is it?

Sharing some snapshots from today:

Gifts at my aunt's house: it's a start...


Hiding...like dust bunnies and multiplying!


Two of my favorite people: Uncle Dave and Aunt Maria


We all drove to my cousin Dave's house for a whole fried turkey and rib roast dinner. We opened gifts, ate and drank. Did I mention eating??

Gingerbread house decorated by Kristen and Carter


Kristen and Carter rockin' out to their new game Guitar Hero


If you were hungry at this buffet, you were not here!!


Baby Colton plays it cool with Mommy and Uncle John


My aunt, uncle, Nan, cousin Angie and I left Dave's house and headed home. Nan and Uncle Dave headed home for Nan to get a nap while the rest of us did a drive-by gift exchange at my cousin Ida's house. The twins enjoyed their loot and Will loved his rock and roll themed goodies. We had to leave pretty much as soon as the gifts were open to go back to my aunt's and open our gifts to each other. Neverending...

I kept watching the clock because Cabal had to be taken out and fed. Angie's brother Gary showed up and we opened gifts for about an hour and a half. Good grief! Made my way home, but didn't get too far from my aunt's house. I was on the phone with Tawny when I noticed my engine light and brake light silently screaming red from the dash. Parked the car at the mall and called Angie to pick me up. After the running around to and from my place, to the parking lot and to the car shop where the auto club dropped off my car, it was 11pm. I arranged for Tawny and Jeff to give me a ride before they left for work at 7am.

Having a car problem on Christmas Day is not how I wanted this day to end. I know it could be worse...but it could've been better, too, by not occurring at all. Sigh. Good thing I am off the rest of the week. Read an e-mail that had a nice picture of what Christmas was like in the sender's location. I mentally transported myself there, swimming with the swans in one of Bushy Park's ponds.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: