Thursday, December 27, 2007

Singing on Sweeney Todd

Weak from being sick overnight...and still coughing a little. I am in need of proper rest and a better diet, but will have to wait for a couple more days until my cousin Angie heads back to Los Angeles. With all of our get-togethers with our family and all the crap leading up to it at work and Christmas parties, it just too much for this AGOL's body to process.

Picked Angie up the first part of the afternoon and then made a stop to pick up the twins (our respective goddaughters) and their old brother Will. We were taking them to watch Sweeney Todd (The Demon Barber of Fleet Street) with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. It was very good if a bit gruesome. The bloody scenes gave me that same feeling when I saw a particular scene in Bram Stoker’s Dracula. (Love that movie!!) My stomach turned but my eyes were too fascinated, too riveted to turn away. Didn’t know that Alan Rickman was going to be in it. I like him a lot. Also did not know that Borat-fame Sacha Baron Cohen was going to be in it. He gets around. The main actors are not really singers which added to the movie’s raw/gritty quality. How can you go wrong with Stephen Sondheim as your composer? This is best of Tim Burton’s films, I think.

Our after movie plans were slightly derailed from a call letting us know that Kristen and Carter were spending the night at my aunt's house so they could have a sleepover with Auntie Angie. Stopped to take care of Cabal before meeting them at the house. We all had dinner out first and then a pilgrimage to the bookstore with the kids. I decided to get the soundtrack to Sweeney Todd. From there we went back to the house to pick up something for the twins and then had them home by 9pm before returning to my aunt's...

Finally made it back to my own place about 10-ish. Tomorrow is another day at my aunt's to maximize Angie's visit; my cousin's flight is at 7am on Saturday.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: