Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Office Feud: Survey Says...!

Tawny texted me at 7:13am that she was staying home because she had no voice thanks to her cold. I arrived at work with no Bridget to greet me. She had been on her way to work, but panicked while trying to drive with the boot cast on her right foot. Bridget had her boyfriend come get her and bring her back home from wherever she had stopped. I wondered what else would unfold at work. Sheesh!

Joined my boss for lunch as our corporate building gave their annual Christmas luncheon being held in the front circle/water fountain area of our building. It was delicious barbecue fare. (Where was my white rice?) We took our goodies and ate in his office. Of course, my temp found us after we had gotten lunch and whined that we didn't ask her. She retrieved her own lunch and joined us. Thankfully her joining us was not painful. Lucky Bridget getting to miss weird lunch vibes.

While my temp was getting lunch, I received a call from the recruiter at our North American mothership to schedule calls with VPs instead of getting me a flight to Atlanta. Apparently, there were too many scheduling conflicts to get on their calendar earlier. It didn't make a difference to me so we are waiting for them to respond. One was supposed to be today and the other tomorrow. The one today I kind of put off for my Team Meeting. Is that nuts? No, I don't think so. My boss has been generous in allowing me to interview three times already during work hours. I still have to function at work and this VP's availability conflicted with my Team Meeting. I didn't feel right asking to be exempt from our meeting. We'll see...

I've been invited so many times to the Office Feud at this beach bar near work. Our co-worker and friend Rob has been playing the host (a la Richard Dawson of The Family Feud). Today I agreed to watch. I joined Lisa, Megan, Tawny's husband Jeff and some of our other office gang. Next time, my gang is playing! Honestly, I just needed a change of scene. I wanted to freshen my perspective. This place overlooked Tampa Bay. In the video below, the curtains are blocking the view of the bay.

Rob, our host!


Office Feud Clip with Rob


Smiley girls Lisa and Megan


Stopped on the way home to get a birthday card for Bridget for everyone to sign tomorrow. She is off on Friday and her birthday is actually on Saturday. Our boss ordered her a gorgeously delicious chocolate cake from his favorite deli and is having it personalized. Bridget will be pleasantly surprised. When we IM'ed each other earlier in the day, we both said that we've missed each other while she's been at home recovering from foot surgery. We provide a good amount of comic relief for each other. Tonight, I was the comic relief by telling a set of dirty jokes to our group at the beach bar. While my audience laughed, I was complimented on how well I delivered each joke. Never a dull moment...
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: