Saturday, December 22, 2007

Naughty Double Entendres

Oh my gosh. The coughing has got to stop. Sleep was once again interrupted not only by coughing fits, but two weird text messages I didn't quite hear through the medicinal haze of the cold/flu tablet I took. The reminder beep bothered Cabal who kept waking me up. I was getting frustrated with him, but didn't realize the beeping was occurring until a bit later. Trish from San Francisco (3 hours behind me) was the text messaging culprit.

Was late getting started which meant I was late getting to pick up my cousin Angie at my aunt's house. I had spent some time on the Internet trying to clear my head and wake up. Received a nice note back from Pete. (He is still MEBFKAY, but I am now referring to him by his given name.) It is nice to finally get on an even ground with him after sporadic e-mails back and forth. He's still a good man in my eyes and I still value him. The world is too small and life is too short to waste good connections with good people just because one decides to take a sudden left turn when you thought you were both turning right. You get the idea. It wasn't easy getting to this point, but that's what being a real grown-up is all about...

I arrived at my aunt's where a late breakfast was being served. Delay. Once we finished, my aunt announced that we could stay and sit with Nan while she got dressed and made a trip to the oriental store. Delay. My uncle saved the afternoon when he got home from playing golf. I still had a dozen people to buy for!!

Well, I was able to buy a couple of presents, but not all. The mall was packed. I was blessed with parking close to an entrance. A large Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks made it into my system. Ooh, coffee. One more major stop before dropping Angie off so I could get ready for Jeff and Tawny's Christmas party. It took me an hour to get home thanks to insane holiday traffic.

I wrapped four presents to bring to the party. Black was the color I dressed in from head to toe and accented with sparkling crystal jewelry. I made a decision to take my time and arrive later. My cold/flu helped make that decision. Apparently, I waited too long. The party started at 7pm and Tawny texted me at 7:40pm to find out if I was coming over (a five minute walk across the complex).

Jeff and Tawny had a nice spread of Christmas decorations, libations and food to counteract the generous libations. Everything was conducive to having a fun holiday party. Saw my best-loved friends and was surrounded in the security of their love. It was a great feeling.

Laughing. I laughed from the time I arrived to the time I left at midnight. Sitting next to me was taking your health into your own hands if you valued breathing normally. John and his life partner Ryan were sitting on one end of the leather sofa. I decided to sit next to them. John laughed at everything I said. Truth be told, I was being a whole lot devilish and full of naughty double entendres. (I was fortunate not to have additional coughing fits. That malady awaits until I am sleeping for some reason.) My naughty notions were repaid when Dan sat next to us and began to lay on me about things in our past. I might have blushed a little and took the teasing like a good AGOL. Several joined in on the fun until I got up to go to the other side of the room. I forgot there were plenty of AGOL stories to tell. Ha!

I left at midnight to walk the dog and to try and get some sleep before the alarm sounded off at 5am. Jeezus.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: