Monday, December 10, 2007

Frazzled

Spoke to Bridget on my way to work to remind her not to process certain items in the queue. She was feeling better, but agitated with her car that wasn't starting and with our boss who seemed to be stressing out on the new credit card option we're rolling out of which Bridget is the administrator. I told her I would put some Valium in his coffee when he wasn't looking.

How hard can it be to get two pieces of wheat toast and a few strands of bacon? Apparently, it can take about 10 minutes from the cafe downstairs. The guy helping out couldn't manage his time and he dropped the first set of toast. Finally got my order and brought it up to my floor. Sheesh! A large mug of coffee was definitely in order, but before that a quick stop to Lisa's desk to drop off goodies which she loved. She gave me a hug for her little Christmas theme goodies (kitchen towels, activity for her kids and her new ornament).

Tawny gave me an update on her in-laws who were sore from injuries on their fall last night. They were going to be okay, thank God! I have nicknamed them "Mamasan and Papasan" when I see them. Tawny herself was sounding like crap. Her voice was changing due to a cold. What the hell?

Bridget's printing from home wasn't working so well. I had to scan all her stuff myself and send to her in two batches. So much for pre-planning last week...

Didn't hear about my plane ticket but that could just be a Monday thing. The CIO is supposed to visit tomorrow so my (potential) new group is probably scrambling for that. I really don't know; I am just guessing and trying not to get freaked about it.

Couldn't wait for the day to be over. Ordered Chinese on the way home. I was soon in the comfort of bits of Moo Goo Gai Pan, Veggie LoMein and Egg Drop soup. Not my usual Chinese fare, but it was still good. Bringing some for lunch tomorrow...My head is still not in the right place. I know what part of it is and I am just not brave enough to talk about it online. Just have to work through it myself without any outside help.

On a good note, my friend Sandy sent me a note saying how she was looking forward to seeing me (and Kathy!) on Saturday. She and her husband were putting up their tree and thought of me and the handmade ornaments they were putting up from my previous Handmade Ornament Exchange (H.O.E.) parties. I do miss having one this year because I didn't see all the cool things my friends would have made, but I just couldn't...I can't bring myself to try and pretend something I am not remotely feeling.


Saw this earlier and decided to mull on it:
.........................................
Success Quote:
If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955 (Observer, Jan. 15, 1950)
.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: