Friday, December 07, 2007

Whoosh!

My week had somehow gained momentum like an ocean wave in the Pacific. No time or energy to update my blog. Hell, I can't quite remember everything...

On Wednesday, I attended a meeting with two people from our North American mothership. I answered questions regarding our process while my boss facilitated the discussion. Bridget and the temp listened in mostly. The temp was asked to speak on her process, but left out some key things which I picked up. As annoying as she can be, I didn't want her to shortchange herself. Bridget contributed a little bit, too. We all had lunch together at The Cheesecake Factory and continued in the afternoon. Bridget and I barely had any time to do our own work...I had my third interview at 5pm which went very well and surprisingly, no technical questions, by this man who would be my director. I was in a conference room with a slew of technical papers at my disposal during the call. He said the next step would be for me to speak to two VPs and warned me about one of them. I was glad for the heads-up and later sent him a nice thank you e-mail.

Thursday? It was spent trying to catch up and making sure Bridget had everything she needed to work from home after her outpatient foot surgery. She has a bone spur growing and affecting a nerve on her right foot which makes roller skating painful. She should be back on next Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. I was asked to do another demo today, too. My boss left me alone with the guests so I guess that means he trusts me. Ha! Nah, he has nothing to worry about. I will have to deal with these guests if/when I get the job.

Now...today...Friday. Another busy day - this time without Bridget who had her surgery today. She called me before noon to let me know it went well and she was dismayed at the very "unsexy boot" she was made to wear. (She lives in Shallowville, too!) No crutches, though. Later she texted me the picture of her boot and it was indeed ghastly. I told her she may want to put one of her lacy underwear on it to make it sexy.

Received a call from my potential manager in the North American mothership. She was inviting me to Atlanta next week for the last series of interviews which means I made the Top Three or Top Two. Groovylicious! I don't have a plane ticket yet, but I am sure I will have one early next week for a day trip. My schedule will include two VPs and a director in addition to the other people I have already spoken with last week and this week. It will be intense, but I am okay with that. The fact that I have gotten this far is icing on the cake. My current boss got to speak with my would-be manager and they are all impressed on how I do things which is by just going for it and finding ways to make things happen. I blush when I am told this, but whatever it takes to get the job. I will be studying my tech stuff this weekend.

Arrived home later thanks to an extra workload and my stop at Wal-mart to buy sundry items for my friend Lisa's move from her current home to the new town home she found for her and the kids. Leaving her husband, starting over and being a single parent with young kids are difficult steps. I bought stuff like paper products for throughout the house, hand soap for all four sinks, some easy to make kid-friendly food including pancakes for Sunday, air fresheners to make her home smell homey and other stuff she will need, but might not think off initially. Also bought four frozen pizzas and drinks for tomorrow's move. Poor thing. Lisa is so nice and appreciative. She knows this is her Christmas present because I had a very full cart coming out today...

Let me share this rude but hilarious joke sent to me:
Woman wins the lottery and decides that after having had 5 kids she wants some surgery as it looks like a ripped out fireplace "down there"
Wakes up after the op to feel a little sore and 3 bunches of flowers at the end of her bed in the hospital. "Nurse, who are these flowers from?"
"The first bunch are from the surgeon who performed the operation, you were a model patient and everything went well"
"Aha, and the 2nd bunch?"
"They are from your husband who is missing you and can't wait to get you home"
"Aha and the third bunch of flowers?"
"They are from Mr. Smith in the burns ward, just to say thank you very much for the new ears."

Lovely, wasn't it?
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: