Thursday, December 20, 2007

Truffled Out

How can it feel like Friday three days in a row? It just messes with your head...

Bridget and I exchanged gifts. She gave me a gift certificate to Sephora (yay!) and I got her this specialized drink container and a raw health bar symbolizing our intent for a healthier new year. We are all Godiva'd out, cookie'd out, luncheon'd out and whatever kinda other goodies you can think of to receive. We are just sick of them. Just as we profess our sickness, someone gives each of us a box of chocolate truffles. Good grief.

I can't wait to shake this cold/flu so I can start training for sprints which are partial triathlons. Baby steps. Can't just work into a full triathlon, you know, at least not with your AGOL's current body. I expressed my frustration to Rob the Trainer and he reminded me that it is about long term (goals) meaning that I am to just relax until I feel better enough to get going again. He is so dedicated. He ran 5 miles in under an hour today during his lunch and he has a spin bike (literally) next to his bed. I told him it was bad feng shui, but he doesn't care. He'd rather be fiendishly fit. Rob is off the next couple of weeks from our work and I am off most of next week so we'll regroup when he gets back.

Around 3:30pm, I received this exceedingly nice note from Tawny who has taken time off for the holidays:
Just saw beautiful dragonfly - reminded me of you - all copper and shimmer.
I joined her family and another from work for dinner at their place. Jeff made calzones for everyone. Yum! It got loud with the discussions and had to be reminded that it was an apartment building...Got to see Tawny's daughter Jessica whom I haven't seen since she graduated from high school about a year and half ago. She's the one who designed my site. You should see her other work. Her dad is so impressed with her progress in her art in college this year. Enjoyed Tawny's pretty tree, too. See...I didn't need to put up a tree. I get to enjoy everyone's.

Got home too late to take cold/flu meds, but I felt good. Possibly energized from all the fun people I just spent time with this evening. The pressure of Christmas shopping is making itself known. Tomorrow night. I will try to get it all done. Okay, mostly done. Wink.
.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: