Friday, December 21, 2007

Coughing and Counting

Coughing at 3:06am. That's one way to wake up. Managed to get back to sleep after a trip to the bathroom where I had full bodied coughing fits to only wake up about 30 minutes later with more coughing. Almost an hour and a half went by until the alarm sounded. My ribs hurt. By 6:30pm, I felt exhausted.

Work was quiet as several people took the day off to extend their Christmas vacation, but the work was steady. I tried to find my way through the fog in my brain. My boss kept looking at me in askance. He knew I wasn't feeling well and wanted to make sure I was still okay. I stared into space during lunch and was only half interested in my meal.

There were some discussions on varying subjects. It made me want to count my blessings. I ended up sending several notes out to people. Half wishing them a Merry Christmas and half thanking them for what they have contributed in my life or some cool thing they did. It was just something different.

My cousin Angie picked me up for dinner and some shopping. Sadly, our catching up together superceded my extended shopping plans, but we're going to make a good go of it tomorrow instead. I was able to buy two more gifts. Every little bit counts this late in the game. Angie stayed at my apartment a while loving on Cabal. He was in attention heaven...

Oh! I decided that when I hit a certain milestone in my training, I will reward myself with a daring activity. I hope to be skydiving in late spring. There is a place about an hour from where I live that offers skydiving. How cool is that?! An AGOL and a parachute? Yeah, baby!

.........................
MORE Christopher Walken Christmas.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: