Sunday, December 09, 2007

Holiday Nails? Not!

Depression and the AGOL don't go well together. For some unexplained reason, I was a little under the emotional weather. Must be the Season getting to me...

Had my nails done to cheer me up and in case I do get my Atlanta plane ticket this week. My nail lady asked me about getting "holiday nails". Um...How do I explain to her that in IT, they wouldn't like that especially since I am interviewing. Maybe after? It's bad enough they will be meeting with someone unlike the women in their group, a glam girl. They might think that I would choose hardware based on Cuteness Rating and Ooh, it comes with accessories that you can add on! You know... I need to be taken seriously. I can't help I am a secret geekess underneath all the lip gloss.

Myrna called me to meet her for an early dinner at our usual place. She cheered me up so much; she had me laughing so hard, I was in tears at the table. Afterwards, I bought some stuff from the country store for Lisa including an ornament with a section big enough to write on with permanent marker. I scripted "Beginnings 2007" on it for her and her kiddies. We ended up calling her to check on a used futon from the yard sale the other day for Myrna and me about the nice 7-ft Christmas tree the lady had out. Lisa began to get excited about me putting a tree up for Christmas and I had to squelch her enthusiasm. Still no tree plans in AGOL Land this year. Maybe for next year...when my mood is better.

Called Kathy later who was busy squeezing a whole bunch of oranges she bought from a road side vendor. She loves that kind of stuff. On a different note, received a late text from Tawny that both her in-laws fell while they were all at the botanical gardens admiring the Christmas lights. I won't go into it, but it didn't sound good. Poor Tawny. There is always something unusual going on in her world. The woman could use a break -- not like this though. Tomorrow is another day.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: