Thursday, March 22, 2007

Transient Thursday

Today's Poll: It is one day closer to Friday. (Small Yippee!)

Wisteria-colored chiffon ribbon, one-and-a-half inches wide, won over the quarter-inch white grosgrain ribbon. That's what I chose to embellish the clear plastic container of petit fours I gave my temp this morning along with a cheery card. She loved the surprise and was thankful.

My carpal tunnel was working overtime in the afternoon. I had to cease typing to massage and to exercise my wrists. Too many clicking motions on the mouse and too many click-clacks of my nails on the keyboard. Sigh. I took several mini-breaks to alleviate some of the pain. I even dragged my hard-working temp downstairs to accompany me in my mailing sunshine to someone. The envelope was a bright goldenrod color that made me smile.

Yummy IM'ed me and we continued our conversation on skype when I arrived home. I even worked on my faux English accent. He had the nerve to say that now I was speaking English and how much more intelligent I sounded. All teasing of course. Not sure if I could keep talking like that for a long time since different facial muscles are used; it is tiring. Maybe that's why the Brits "appear" reserved. They are not really reserved, just tired of speaking English with a funny accent. Ha!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: