Monday, March 26, 2007

Make Me Snappy

Snapped right out of bed remembering that I had a job to go to and took Cabal out at dark-thirty to wake up. I even snapped a couple of pics on my camera phone to send to Yummy since I was experiencing a surprising Good Hair Day before I walked out the door. Too bad I was not experiencing good face day...

A little OCD behavior and having to style my own hair since I was 11 years old ensures 90% Good Hair Days even with the southern humidity. Today the hair was a little fluffier or as Yummy put it, "looking free and slightly windswept". That's why having a poet in your life totally rocks!

Meanwhile not too far from Shallowville was Workville (aka The Bowels of Corporate Culture Thanks to The Man). Did I get anything I really wanted to get done done? No, sirree! My temp was having the worst of it thanks to interruptions and everyone singing their own self-produced, self-directed and self-written opera, "Me-me-me ME". My most fun thing (work related) was creating a flowchart for my boss...add pretty boxes...connect pretty boxes.

I called cousin Ida on the drive home to see if her ISP was set-up and she was happily on the Net. Somehow I knew I would also talk to my aunt. She called me later to Nan-sit on Saturday night which I did agree to after I snapped at her for beating around the bush. If you wanna go out, just let me know. Don't ask me what I'm doing on Saturday, etc. Sheesh! The answer would've been yes no matter how tired I was or other plans I could get out of or postpone. I get that my aunt and uncle need a spell away from home, a date night if possible.

Ate some egg drop soup with crunchy noodles for dinner. Crunchies in soup is an AGOL rule, you know. Slurped the soup and then got a call from Jill-from-work to talk about her recent pseudo date with an older man and our love lives in general. She is a good person to talk to about these things since she is essentially single (separated a long time and her court date for divorce around the corner). We always end up laughing loudly and talking serious smack. GIRHfrenz are good to have!

SURE CURE FOR WORKVILLE BLAHS: SO CUTE!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: