Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Gomer's Surprise...Gol-ly!

Felt a bit like Gomer Pyle today. The part where he used to say "Surprise, surprise, surprise!". My brain has weird associations so I can't really map it for you except that I had little surprises today.

I checked my Yahoo e-mail early this morning and found a note connected to myspace account. My very first true American best friend Valerie found me somehow. I came to the States to finish out the 4th grade and ended up skipping the 5th grade to go into 6th the next year where I met Val.

We were both tall at 5'4" for being around 11-12 years old. (She maybe grew another inch while I grew four more inches.) We both loved make-up and just struck a friendship. The first thing I noticed about her room was a picture of these huge cartoon lips with a tongue sticking out of it. This was the friend who introduced me to The Rolling Stones and later Motley Crue. We had one more year together in 7th grade until I moved away.

History would have us meeting up again my first year of college in Orlando. Can you believe we went to a Milli Vanilli concert together? I ended up in her wedding later, too. Not sure how we lost touch before I ended up moving to Chicago. Here we are again. Haven't heard from her as of today after replying to her e-mail, but I have added her as my friend on myspace so I can keep in touch. I saw her pics on myspace and she is still an incredibly beautiful person...and an accountant? Glam girls go wild with their careers they say. Ha!

I re-signed my lease today on my apartment, the vultures! They were a little too happy to hear from me I think. Almost a creepy kind of way. Okay, not really but they were happy.

Another surprise was Yummy saying something on his blog about gaining some weight before I see him next month and about resembling Jabba the Hut by the time I arrive. I took offense to that since he is incredible. Let's just say your AGOL left him a long comment and outed him as "Yummy"! Not exactly the most manly name, but it is apropos. He didn't mind me telling the world thank God. Also, IM'ed him late since he got home really late and I did, too. That was a very nice surprise...
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: