Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'm Stamped!

Mental exhaustion teased me during my drive to work. I need some time off...like now! I was ready to call off any plans this weekend just to be alone including my art show plans that Tawnyia told me I was attending tomorrow night. No ducking out since she and her husband are partially hosting the event. Stinkin' thinkin' all the way to work...

Vendors are akin to lawyers I've decided. Bloodsucking leeches with superpowers to work any one's nerve. One worked my nerve immediately about 15 minutes after I sat down at my desk and fired up my laptop. He didn't like my response since I ended up making him do homework and to call me back with his results. Gladly didn't hear from him the rest of the day.

My PO screw up yesterday did get resolved no thanks to the bastard I wanted to avoid. The points were in my corner when I hounded him at noon for a lack of response to my update. Two e-mails later and an update on the ticket online, he was responsive. I am sure he enjoyed my vague answers, a taste of his own medicine. It's like mental ping pong I was set on winning.

I need to stop spreading evilness but my workload and interruptions compel me...

My boss showed his angry side today during a call to one of our vendors. Let's just say, I am glad I am one of his favorite people. I will do anything to avoid that being directed at me. Nice boss...There there. Want me to get you a gourmet meal for lunch? It is NO problem!

How sad must your life be when the things that cheer you up are some lame new personalized stamps with your name emblazoned on them like these:


Tawnyia in her evilness egged me on to scan them and add to my blog. It was a genius idea that I didn't think of first. Hate her...not really. She just enjoys me being a pathetic geek. (Like how I changed my cellphone ring tonight from Benny Hill theme to "The Look of Love" as sung by Diana Krall.)

The rest of the day was jam packed with vendor communication, answering user questions and creating purchase orders. We are definitely hustling all day with almost no time for bathroom breaks...

Barely any Yummy-ness today. Me no likee...Hmpf! I've been spoiled -- what can I say?

Talked to Angie tonight on her way home. We always have a good laugh. I needed the comic relief. Now for another late dinner before I go beddy-byes.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: