Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Moonsmile

My days in paradise are so much fun I don't know if I can stand anymore of it...Well, this part of Florida used to be paradise until humans decided to build and inhabit this area in the name of progress. Progress. Now that is a nice word especially if I could apply it to work (aka paradies).

Users worked my nerve a little, but that is part of my deal with the devil, The Man. I am but a cog in his fine toothed wheel. Round and round we go...

I texted Yummy with a naughty message which he is used to getting just not in the middle of a work day. He got me back good, too. Spice is always nice!

OMG - I got caught dancing at the lunch table (not on!) by my boss as he passed by the wall of windows overlooking the break room (akin to fishbowl effect). My regular lunchroom buddies were there and I decided to torment them again with my new ring tones so I asked Jeff to text me. The designated text song came on and Michelle and I shook our heads and moved our bodies when it played. Yeah, my boss, passed by...stared in shock...and proceeded to laugh his ass off.

Yup...professionalism at its best. You can take the AGOL out of the disco lounge, but you can't take the disco lounge out of the AGOL. It wouldn't have been so bad, but I am dressed very professionally (requisite pearls and flower pin, etc.) and to see me spazzing out being silly is just so contradictory to the image. I did get to relive the humiliation in my staff meeting. My boss often thanks me in an Elvis tone so I am not that embarrassed. That's my story and I am sticking with it.

I didn't realize I had become a trainer for our accounting application. The latter part of my afternoon was spent walking someone through a process. It is not easy and too many variables to populate. My Patience Hat came on let's just say...

For the first time in a while, I left work early and was home and had Cabal taken care of by 7pm. It was nice to just decompress and surf the net for stupid info. No real destination, just emptying my mind of the day. It was heavenly.

My temp has been working her butt off so I decided to go out again after 9:30pm to the grocery store and buy her a thank you card and the last six pieces of petit fours. The dainty cakes were placed in a clear plastic clam shell tray. I will find the coordinating French wire ribbon in the morning to dress the tray up...She did freak me out today. I complimented her on looking really nice and she said she was trying to look like me. Good grief -- not another "mini-me wannabe".

The best part of today was seeing the moon's nice smile line bright against the dark sky on my way to and from the store. The moon's curvy smile hinted at a secret. It apparently knows something I don't yet.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: